|Reference # :||19-00344||Title :||Websphere Programmer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/11/2019 / 06/10/2021|
The candidate will supplement the Java development staff for work on existing tasks defined for the on-going project. The project implements a new state-mandated expansion of all programs for the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) agency to undocumented students and includes the development and maintenance of supporting IT systems.
- Participate on teams for projects that have a Web functional component. Prepare size and scope analysis and timeline documentation.
- Analyze and document business requirements by participating in Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, interviewing Business Area Experts, etc. Develop prototypes based on the requirements, and prepare Internal and External Design documents in accordance with HESC's System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Using Analysis and Design documents, develop, document, and maintain programs, modules, classes, objects, Web pages, etc, as applicable. Environment consists of JAVA J2EE development using IBM's Rational Software Architect, Java Server Pages (JSP), and Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) on WebSpere Application Server.
- Configure local WebSphere Application Server resources and bindings for local application deployment and testing.
- Create development test plans and prepare and/or refresh test conditions and associated accounts. Following the test plan, execute unit, run stream, subsystem, and regression tests as needed.
- Review all test results, comparing the results to the identified conditions. Debug and rerun as needed.
- Provide business area and external customer support for the project deliverables.
- Act as a Web functional liaison with other units in Information Technology (IT) and with other Divisions in HESC. Provide information and support as needed.
- Follow all existing guidelines and recommend new guidelines for Web functional development.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary