|Reference # :||19-00788||Title :||VB.NET Programmer|
|Location :||Rensselaer, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/11/2019 / 10/11/2020|
The CONNECTIONS project is an ongoing effort to provide the development, maintenance, and support activities on the New York State's Automated Child Welfare Information System for OCFS, LDSS, and Voluntary Agencies. This system includes the following components:
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Intake
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Resource Directory & Foster Adoptive Home Development (FAD)
- Case Management / Family Services (FSS)
This system is a complex and highly integrated application which consists of several development and end user supported environments. These environments interface/interact with legacy applications and other 3rd party software.
The requested position is needed to augment current CONNECTIONS staff in developing the CONNECTIONS Placement module.
This individual will provide development support to the CONNECTIONS project during development and maintenance activities to maintain New York State's Automated Child Welfare Information System for OCFS, LDSS, and Voluntary Agencies.
The following are tasks that include, but are not limited to:
- assist the Application Development team in preparing technical designs and perform construction activities
- work with developers to design and write complex packages to support their needs
- write complex functions and procedures for new packages and update existing packages in an established Oracle database using pre-defined business rules
- work with Database Administrators to implement design changes and new packages
- Performance testing and rewriting of production code/SQL statements & procedures performing badly, identified by Database Administrators
- support the application through the testing and implementation phases, including product test, stress/load test etc.
- facilitate the knowledge transfer between the Technical IT staff and the Program staff responsible for testing, training, and implementation
assist Implementations staff, when needed, reviewing system release notes
- assist Implementations staff, when needed, reviewing system release notes
- Developing appropriate system documentation
- Serve as a conduit between technical and non-technical staff explaining new software/controls/processes
- Serve as technical lead for new designs incorporating WPF and WCF functionality
- Lead team of technical staff in conducting reviews to ensure coding standards are adhered to
- Mentor senior developers in the use of MVVM patterns
- Mentor senior developers in the user of the pre-established development framework for the Connections application
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary