|Reference # :||18-00319||Title :||UX Architect|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/21/2018 / 03/01/2019|
GxT Client & Design
Are you passionate about customer experience design, information architecture, interaction design, and technology-Do you want to work with big brands and produce the best experiences in the industry – hands-down-
As an Associate VP, Experience Architect at Major Global Bank, you will bring together business objectives, user insights, and an understanding of sophisticated technology to remarkable, omni-channel brand experiences. These experiences span devices, channels, and environments – from browsers, to mobile apps, to social networks, to retail environments. To do this you must understand and articulate the needs, aspirations, and expectations of the people that will use what you design, and serve as their advocate throughout the design process.
Your decisions are informed and validated by both quantitative and qualitative research methods including surveys, card sorting, comparative analysis, usability studies, field research, and technology surveys. You work directly with the clients to understand what drives their business, reach a shared vision of how to solve their problems while serving their customers, and ultimately to help them to succeed. Throughout this effort you will create clear, usable documentation that captures and articulates research findings, proposed solutions and the consumer goals they serve.
Experience Architects work collaboratively with Strategists, Researchers, Business Analysts, Designers, Writers, Prototypers, System Architects, and Developers to define and refine user experiences for our customers. A strong understanding of user-centered design processes and interaction design principles will be critical for success. The best candidates will be dedicated to excellence with a profound ability to find solutions to problems in a complex and constantly changing environment.
You will be mentored and/or supervised by experienced creative leaders on projects and encouraged to coach and inspire other designers on a regular basis. You will be expected to lead by example by constantly developing your own craft skills and staying ahead of new design trends and techniques. You will also be empowered to build trusted relationships with internal stakeholders through regular engagement and creative presentations.
The responsibilities of an Associate Vice President, Experience Architect include:
- Translate business needs and capabilities into an effective information architecture that resonates with customers, aligns with their expectations, and helps them to achieve their goals.
- Craft solutions that will meet user and business goals while also fitting into the constraints of brand, time, budget and technology.
- Experience Architects should be able to conduct customer interviews, analyze usability lab observations, perform task analyses, conduct card sorting, design and analyze quantitative surveys, interpret web analytics, and perform and analyze field research in order to understand the target users' context, needs, motivations, tasks, and goals.
- Define the categorization, organization and navigational conventions used throughout the experience.
- Map the user experience, define the details of the interface, and correlate a system's features to user tasks and needs.
- Develop wireframes documents (both low and high-fidelity), which will include detailed functional annotations, as well as illustrations and descriptions of page states and system responses.
- Develop site maps, user workflows, scenarios, and task analysis
- Conduct heuristic reviews, competitive analyses, and content audits
- Make Taxonomy & product metadata recommendations
- Collaborate with developers to ensure proposed designs are technically feasible and then properly executed.
- Collaborate with designers to optimize the visual experience and ensure that user and business considerations are met.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in order to facilitate discussions and guide the decision making process to meet project objectives.
- Experience Architect: 5+ years of experience as an Experience Architect or related field
- Experience collaborating with design and development teams on large-scale dynamic ecommerce websites, transactional applications, retail systems design, mobile experiences, or content delivery systems (B2C preferred).
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and desire to organize it
- Experience conducting user research and translating user research into design directions
- Knowledge of best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- The ability to effectively communicate your research findings and designs to both internal teams and internal stakeholders.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Digital Media, Communication Design, Interaction Design, Psychology or a related field.
- Expert user of iRise, OmniGraffle, MS Visio, Axure and/or Adobe InDesign.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and/or iWork, especially Keynote or Power Point.
- A portfolio of work is strongly preferred, demonstrating the depth and breadth of your experience. Interactive agency experience is preferred.
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of web and mobile technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Polished communication/presentation skills, including the ability to sell ideas to varying audiences.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- 100% reliable
- You posses a strong curiosity and desire to make the complex clear.
- You always keep the end-user in mind when designing a solution.
- You have the ability to learn from mistakes and a willingness to revisit past solutions for further improvements.
- You have a collaborative working style; focused on getting the best solution rather than your solution.
- You are open, honest and direct in your approach to feedback and asking for assistance.
- You are flexible, steady under pressure, and willing to switch gears quickly.
- You are organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex projects in a timely manner.
- You are detailed oriented and can find clarity despite ambiguity.
- You have superior written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable presenting
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary