User Interface Designer
|Reference # :||18-00374||Title :||User Interface Designer|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/26/2018 / 09/25/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
A User Experience / User Interface designer to work directly with both business and technology stakeholders to define optimal user experiences for new and existing applications. The candidate will design powerful, efficient and attractive user interfaces, create related artifacts and visual elements such as icons, buttons, banners, etc., embracing design best practices and ensuring they are followed. Additional responsibilities can include working with business to help create compelling and captivating marketing and promotional materials.
We are a Business Analysis and Design team designing specs for development to build internal and client-facing productivity, content, research, and analytics applications for clients corporate & investment banking group.
• Transform business requirements into elegant interaction and visual designs, thoroughly understanding the underlying user workflows and motivations.
• Translate complex content and information use cases into wireframes, interaction outlines, mockups, storyboards, user flows and interactive prototypes.
• Ensure consistency of user experience inside, and across different, applications.
• Create and build mockups, storyboards, wireframes, mockups, comps and interactive prototypes for solutions and apps used on web and mobile.
• Investigate and gather requirements directly from users and stakeholders through interviews, workshops, and other forums.
• Create original graphic assets such as icons, buttons, banners, etc.
• Create marketing and other promotional assets as needed.
•This on-site role is highly visible to both the business as well as to senior IT management. It provides great exposure to all aspects of the Investment Banking and capital markets business, as well as regular interaction with technology.
• 3+ years digital design experience focused on user interaction flow and look and feel of web and mobile interfaces, as a primary job function.
• Excellent attention to detail to flesh out and design concepts and in depth functionality.
• Experience designing iOS and Android apps.
• Prototyping experience with the tools mentioned in skills section.
• Visual design expertise – having created engaging designs that are simple and clear to use skills:
• Proficient to expert in: Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Office, wireframe and prototype tools including Balsamiq, OmniGraffle and Axure.
• Proficient to expert in: wireframe and prototype tools including Balsamiq, OmniGraffle and Axure.
• Working knowledge of iOS and Android apps development – native and hybrid.
• Knowledge of fundamental information design principles.
• Practical knowledge in user-centered design methods and usability principles.
• Experience working in an agile development environment.
• Bachelor's degree in design-related degree or equivalent professional experience. Master’s degree a plus.
• Online portfolio showcasing experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, for both desktop and mobile form factors.
• A Plus: UX and UI Design experience in financial-services related or data analytics related field. Experience designing products that allow users to navigate and interpret large amounts of data to better make business decisions.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills – comfortably communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively with audiences of varying levels in the company.
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated and very detail-oriented individual.
• Ability to align and adjust own work slate to meet priorities and deadlines of projects.
• Comfortable working with ambiguity and ability to organize and create extremely clear and intuitive to use functionality.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary