Job DescriptionGroup Description
Major Global Bank Treasury manages the balance sheet, capital, and liquidity of Major Global Bankgroup; manages and provides corporate oversight of liquidity, interest rate and currency translation risks; and supports businesses with risk identification/management, product innovation and funding strategy.
GCB Business Treasury focuses on asset/liability management, balance sheet planning, liquidity/capital optimization, and interest rate and liquidity risk management for the GCB. This unit serves as the principal point of contact into Treasury for the GCB CFO and the business and finance teams, ensuring that balance sheet priorities are taken into account in business decision-making processes. Additionally, this function works with the segment Finance team in implementing balance sheet allocation, optimization and costing processes. Business Treasury also has first line responsibility for Interest Rate Risk (IRR) management of the consumer business segments.
While focused on NAM, the GCB Treasury team works with the deposit and lending businesses globally within GCB. Individual business units include US Consumer Bank consisting of Branded Cards, Retail Banking, and Mortgages, and Retail Services. GCB Treasury also supports Major Global Bank Holdings.Job Description
This person is a lead supporting the Business Treasurers. Primary areas of focus and responsibility will include:
- Analysis of accrual net interest margin and net credit margin P&L through proper application of transfer pricing and hedging, balance sheet optimization through growth in high-quality deposits and asset portfolios, management of liquidity and interest rate profile and understanding residual interest rate risk (IRR) levels within business segments.
- Derivation of appropriate transfer pricing hedges to apply to business balances using approved analytical methods and objectives and production of defend and challenge documentation. Monitoring of customer pricing sensitivities (betas) to appropriately manage impacts to interest rate risk
- Support financial planning process, including scenario analyses and quantifying impact of market rate changes on NIM
- Support for remediation activities related to interest rate risk and liquidity risk matters as identified internally or by regulators. Driving progress on Corrective Action Plans already in place or to be developed. Working in coordination with partners within and outside Treasury to address broad IRR and Liquidity initiatives.
- Production of executive decision support material for use by various governance bodies including legal entity ALCOs, business and CFO reviews, and earnings prep.
- Represent GCB and provide analytics in support of initiatives defined by ALCO or other governance body
- Liaise with Finance partners and business representatives in the regions as necessary to drive Global view and perspective.
- Work closely with senior management on developing robust TCE allocation methodologies for GCB
- Utilize the TCE allocation framework to appropriately measure returns and risks of various businesses
- Develop frameworks to optimize capital allocation to maximize GCBs overall risk –adjusted returns
- Stay abreast of latest regulatory changes and implications for capital and liquidity metrics impacting the GCB
- Drive thought leadership on complex corporate finance issues including the measurement of firm-wide cost of capital and advising senior management on Client's optimal capital return strategy
- The GCB Grp Mgr. will require a broad understanding of asset/liability / balance sheet management and liquidity/capital optimization and interest rate risk practices as well as the business drivers that influence these areas. Product management including technology planning experience in a payments, securities settlement or clearing services business is also preferred
- Setup the governance of funding, investing and analytics of the balance sheet
- Participates in managing liquidity and interest rate risk, the capital/legal entity structure and capital planning as well as managing rating agency relationships
- Involved in capital markets activities including commercial paper and securitization; liquidity, accrual risk oversight and transfer pricing
- Leads team decisions including project prioritization, platform direction, and future state planning and strategic direction
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Major Global Bankgroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities must highlight the candidate's ability to diagnose issues and identify opportunities within a dynamic environment. The manger will work with Treasury, Business, Operations and Risk colleagues to create and execute resulting initiatives
The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of Treasury and Consumer Bank Balance Sheet management. Specific qualifications are to include:
- Minimum 10 - 12 years' experience in a Treasury, Finance or Business Product Management or Investment Banking
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or Math; MBA preferred
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving capacity within an unstructured and dynamic environment
- Product and/or project management experience including the ability to translate analytical frameworks into business requirements
- Demonstrated ability to concisely communicate analytical objectives, observations and relevance of findings across the organization in written, visual (graphical) and verbal form
- Comfortable explaining findings, project plans and project status to senior management
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
- Undergraduate/Master's/ Postgraduate degree in Finance or Economics or related fields preferred
- Proven leadership skills and intellectual capacity to manage multiple work streams