Trade Surveillance Analyst
|Reference # :||19-00725||Title :||Trade Surveillance Analyst|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/26/2019 / 11/25/2019|
Trade Surveillance Analyst
Serves as a senior compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)'s Trade Surveillance team responsible for the design, implementation, and oversight for a suite of surveillances designed to detect behaviors that may violate regulatory rules or internal policies and procedures. When potentially anomalous behavior is detected, the team is responsible for escalating the activity and working collaboratively with partners across the first and second lines of defense to determine the appropriate resolution of the matter, which may include employee discipline. The ICRM Global Surveillance platform encompasses a number of surveillance related portfolios including trade surveillance, e-communications and voice surveillance, employee trading, outside activities surveillance, and information barrier surveillance.
Key Activities include:
- Reviewing data and analysis of surveillance and trading activity while also developing, maintaining and performing surveillance reviews.
- Identifying potential risks for the Firm and escalating the matter to a designated manager and to the legal representative and the respective product coverage areas as appropriate.
- Generating reports, performing data analysis, and providing troubleshooting support on multiple projects. Supporting aspects of planning and executing projects to assist the Firm in complying with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Participating in ad-hoc requests, special projects and regulatory exams directed by other organizations within the compliance or legal departments.
- Other responsibilities include: overseeing the monitoring to adherence to ICRM's Risk Policies and relevant procedures; preparing, editing and maintaining ICRM program related materials; Interacting and working with other areas within Client, as necessary; and Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- A general understanding of securities trading and corresponding regulations with proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in area of focus
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary