|Reference # :||20-00869||Title :||Tester|
|Location :||Schenectady, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/01/2020 / 09/01/2022|
WCB Modernization & Reform
The New York State Workers Compensation Board requires a Tester for our Modernization Program.
The New York State Workers' Compensation Board (WCB) is undertaking a multi-year effort to redefine its role in the Workers' Compensation system, improve access to quality medical care and improve the underlying technology systems that support the organization. These goals challenge many of the fundamental operating assumptions that the Board has maintained for decades. To accomplish this effort, the Board has established a WCB Modernization Program as the vehicle for change. Within this program, the Board will sponsor a host of projects that will each support a specific goal toward the overarching objectives of the program. At its highest level, the redesign of the Workers' Compensation Board will help Injured Workers' Employers, Providers, and Payors. The objectives of the Modernization Program include:
a) Change the role of the WCB in protecting the rights of injured workers.
b) Increase availability of quality medical care.
c) Modernize the technology that supports the functions of the Board.
The modernization will create several parallel projects and a Tester is needed to assist with the implementation and roll out of these projects.
Operating under the direction of WCB staff.
1. Provide guidelines, reviews and support to developers, business analysts, and business staff involved in creating user acceptance tests and integrating them into defect tracking process.
2. Guide teams performing testing activities related to user acceptance, regression, data integration, performance, scalability and accessibility testing activities as needed.
3. Develop Test cases per the Business Rules in order to direct others on testing requirements.
4. Review and provide guidance on the test scope and output of testers performing testing
5. Create status reporting mechanisms to monitor the status of the above activities
6. Host integration discussions, with representatives of all test teams, identify and help resolve road blocks
7. Ensure that requirements and deliverables are verified and validated at each testing phase and final acceptance
8. Prepare test protocols and reports which meet regulatory requirements, during the final test cycle
9. Help keep test processes streamlined for efficiency
Be the primary advocate for the adoption of methodologies which are appropriate for the project.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: