|Reference # :||18-00176||Title :||Technical Writer|
|Location :||LONG ISLAND CITY, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||01/29/2018 / 03/31/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Technical Writer/Partner Tooling Job Description:
Take Core financial product competencies and translate them into API products that businesses can build and innovate on. As such, we have a demonstrated need for a Technical Writer who has strong computer science background or competency. We are looking for a Technical Writer who can write technical documentations and tutorial guides for a RESTful, JSON API platform.
1. Strong web development fundamentals or experience
a. Full Stack developer knowledge in at least one programming stack (LAMP, MEAN, etc.)
b. Knowledge on tokenization and RESTful interfaces
2. Knowledge on Open Authentication 2.0 and it's 2- and 3- legged authentication
3. Is able to describe and translate RESTful web interfaces
4. Have excellent communication ability
5. Have experience writing and distributing documentation for a large base of users to write
6. Work with content management systems
It is preferable is the applicant has experience working on or publishing open source or public-facing code. The candidate should have an ability to work well with technical subject matter experts and communicate their intentions through content and documentation that is intuitively structured and reusable in multiple contexts. It is preferred that the applicant have familiarity with SDLC lifecycles and design thinking.
Some of the day-to-day tasks:
1. Translate our API services into technical documentation that is easy to understand and work with
2. Work with product, technology, marketing, and developer relations to create content (articles, getting started guides, and more) that enables speed to market with developers on our platform
3. Help create and distribute content style guides for other teams looking to build out and create and API strategy
4. Collaborate with product to execute content against a prioritized backlog such that maximum value is delivered to users.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary