|Reference # :||18-01645||Title :||Technical Writer-Lead|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/29/2018 / 10/29/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Job Duties include the following:
- Determine the needs of end users regarding training on the client Provisioning Service and document process
- Determine the needs of support teams (e.g. L1/L2) regarding tactical and strategic solutions and document process
- Perform quality assessment against existing documentation/FAQs/Training and technical design and requirements documentation
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users' understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as FAQs or online videos (e.g. CBTs)
- Standardize documentation and content across platforms
- Gather usability feedback from end users, business analysts, operations and engineering
- Maintain documentation and complete revisions as issues arise
Should also possess the following specific qualities:
Communication skills. Technical writers must be able to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues and consumers who have nontechnical backgrounds.
Detail oriented. Technical writers create detailed instructions for others to follow. As a result, they must be detailed and precise at every step so that the instructions can be useful.
Imagination. Technical writers must be able to think about a procedure or product in the way that a person without technical experience would think about it.
Teamwork. Technical writers must be able to work well with others. They are part of a team working with the technical people whose information they are explaining.
Technical skills. Technical writers must be able to understand and then explain highly technical information. Preferred technical background.
Writing skills. Technical communicators must have excellent writing skills to be able to explain technical information clearly.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary