Technical Program Manager
|Reference # :||19-01125||Title :||Technical Program Manager|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/25/2019 / 06/21/2020|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
We are searching for a certain kind of person who is excited by the idea of shipping Global Digital software products into production. Are you technical-Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective-Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates-We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. You contribute to the technical strategy, design choices, and decisions for a product or service. You are accountable for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects from inception to completion, related to an existing technology product or program. You proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the Global Digital engineering organization and all dependent organizations, reporting out progress, ensuring dependencies are covered. You operate between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery. You should be comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, iterate and improve.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your technical chops, while defining and driving program initiatives and using your technical knowledge to work with the engineering teams to deliver. Thinking strategically and tactically along with being innovative, an exemplary leader, an excellent communicator, influencer, and working with a premier team will help you be successful in the role. Leading and navigating cross-functional efforts should come naturally, along with having tried and true experience partnering with marketing and engineering teams to synthesize a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality simple products and features that customers’ love. You will need to be a smart risk taker, who can deliver big ideas as well as transform them into scalable programs. This position has exposure to senior members of the organization, where you would be preparing documentation for senior executives and align roadmaps with organizational objectives.
- Accountable for managing the lifecycle for a complex cross functional body of work that has a long term positive impact on the company
- Define and organize the program, outline tenets, analyze data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution (from ideation to delivery).
- Dive deep into the business domain to understand and to drive the direction of products/services using a domain driven architecture approach.
- Works closely with development teams to build and launch new products, features and programs.
- Influences across multiple teams and organizations.
- Drives internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Operate successfully in ambiguous environments.
- Monitor and track program execution to success by removing blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
- Handles multiple contending priorities simultaneously in an exciting environment.
- Communicates upward and outward
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Operates successfully in ambiguous environments.
- Bachelor’s degree computer science.
- 10+ years in development/program management/technical discipline working directly with software development teams.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
- Demonstrates strong cross functional leadership to aligning process, projects, and people to meet business goals in cross-functional team settings
- Demonstrated past experience in defining and measuring team success via data-driven metrics & reporting
- Experience delivering with an agile methodology is a must.
- Experience in affecting large culture change
- A track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- Experience of building and launching a new product or service from the ground up.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: