Technical Lead/Java /Big Data-Investment Bank
|Reference # :||20-00736||Title :||Technical Lead/Java /Big Data-Investment Bank|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||07/06/2020 / 07/06/2021|
Applications Development lead for Global Regulatory applications is responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Manage one or more Applications Development teams in an effort to accomplish established goals as well as conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Manage stakeholders to set and deliver project expectations.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
- Review and analyze proposed technical solutions for projects
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for applications development and other functional areas
- Leads the planning and implementation of multiple IT projects.
- Understands the project timelines focusing on delivering milestones.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business integrate to accomplish business goals
- Participates in facilitating the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual data in complicated and unique situations
- Create and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the organization; maintaining a team atmosphere and work environment to promote project work productivity;
- Impact the Applications Development area through monitoring delivery of end results, participate in budget management, and handling day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project
- Guide routine forums and invite staff and customer participation in process improvement
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards negotiating with external parties when necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Banking, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Self-initiate, work productively when unsupervised and multitask across multiple concurrent projects
- 8+ Year Experience in IT
- Experience as senior level in an Applications Development role
- Strong Hands on experience of J2EE technologies and architecture.
- Strong Hands on experience of Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, MongoDB, Spark, Scala ).
- Must have good knowledge of NoSQL(Hbase) and RDBMS
- Basic knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Experience in Financial domain is strongly preferred..
- Exposure to Volcker regulations is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Confidence when presenting to stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to apply advanced level project management tools and techniques using the PMI framework.
- Ability to collaborate, motivate, encourage and influence others to perform;
- Ability to investigate project issues and produce solutions ;
- Ability to schedule and run meaningful meetings while producing requisite documentation.
- Ability to deliver milestones as defined by the client.
- Must have great interpersonal skills and ability to speak in groups and provide a dynamic leadership presence.
- Ability to work with geographical distributed and diversified team.
- Knowledge of development/delivery methodologies, ability to utilize software products to accomplish project management goals, knowledge of project budgeting, experience managing IT projects.
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: