Technical / Data Analyst - Big Data/Hadoop/Spark
|Reference # :||19-00715||Title :||Technical / Data Analyst - Big Data/Hadoop/Spark|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||4 Years||Start Date / End Date :||09/16/2019 / 09/30/2020|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Data Services group supports the data acquisition, data quality and data provisioning for Major Global Bank Functions: Risk and Finance. The group provides centralized expertise in data management processes and technologies, in the areas of Data Architecture, Data Modeling, ETL Development, Business Intelligence, Data Quality, Data Acquisition, Integration and Distribution.
Retail Platform Lead is responsible to implement CLIENT Platform on Hadoop for all retail risk reporting and consumption needs (IFRS9, Stress Loss, Basel, CCAR...).
- Responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of data profiling needs of retail risk
- Responsible for Data Integration of multiple legacy data flows into single source of truth based flows (retirement of GC20 for International modeling, Loss Mitigation etc.)
- Enable portfolio risk reporting from CLIENT
- Own and Maintain End to End Data Flow and Architecture of Global Finance systems on Big Data and Traditional Database Systems
- Develop and implement transformation (ETL) logic to support the data consumption requirements
- Manage business/client relationships with senior business leaders associated with retail risk; build and sustain strong relationships with these client groups.
- Lead meetings with clients, subject matter experts and key stakeholders in business and technology to gather requirements, analyze, finalize and have formal sign - off' s from approvers
- Interact with Technology senior management committees and provide status, risk/issues reporting
- Interact with globally diversified team spread over many international locations and time - zones
- Manage changes to requirements and baseline through a change control process
- Very good team player who delivers outcomes (results) working with large number of global stakeholders
Qualifications (Must Have):
- 3+ Years of Physical implementation of Big Data HDFS based solution for financial and / or risk functions: Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Scala, SPARK, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka and Python
- Strong experience with ETL
- Knowledge of and experience applying data modeling techniques and best practices on Big Data Platform
- Strong experience in interacting with Sr. Leadership in Risk/Finance Organizations
- Overall from 8+ years of data architecture experience and 3+ years in lead teams
- Ability to work independently under strict deadlines
- Strategic thinker with strong execution skills, experience analyzing, reconciling, communicating, preparing, and managing technology strategies and budget processes
- Passion to deliver results in a complex enterprise application / environment
- Domain knowledge in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management and/or Regulatory Reporting in the Banking industry.
- Past experience of Retail / Wholesale Products (Mortgages, Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Deposits, Securities, OTC) and functions (Loan Restructuring, Recovery, Collections, Loss Mitigation, Collateral, Charge Off, Carve out, Fraud)
- Strong Database experience on Oracle / Teradata / Netezza
- Strong command over SQL and ability to perform investigation of data issues, data scrubbing, and data migration to Big Data platforms
- Tuning and performance optimization techniques on Hadoop
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including use of Excel for presentation of data and mappings
- Demonstrate Complete System Development Life Cycle experience for large scale complex projects with various industries
- Ability to work with and manage multiple remote teams
- Demonstrated experience managing software products in a business critical environment
Please see our complete list of jobs at: