|Reference # :||19-00271||Title :||Technical Architect|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/15/2019 / 05/14/2021|
The project is WebSphere Upgrade (PRJ0074426), however if/as time allows help support the daily Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) work relating to NYSDOL's current critical applications and/or other projects relating to the same program areas.
The Program Names/Areas are:
- NYSDOL Unemployment Insurance
- NYSDOL Division of Employment and Workforce Solutions (DEWS)
- NYSDOL Labor Standards
WebSphere Upgrade (PRJ0074426), this project is to upgrade existing WebSphere 5.x/6.x/7.x Java systems to a supported version of WebSphere for continued support and maintenance. It also includes work to update applications to run on the new environments, which in some cases is substantial.
Lead architecture activities implementing Design solutions including Infrastructure design, installation, configuration and implementation for High availability/fault tolerant integrated solution. Troubleshooting performance issues in existing implementations.
- Creating SOA Design standards and best practices for object naming, design & deployments, data & content integration and production output using various channels including utilizing open source API's for content management.
- Designing and implementing Batch processing architectures.
- Designing services to wrap Third party software, exposing functionality to store/retrieve/archive/manage information in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Use of IBM's Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) tools: WebSphere Business Modeler (WBM), WebSphere Process Server (WPS)/Business Process Manager (BPM), WebSphere Integration Developer (WID)/IBM Integration Designer (IID), MVC modeling and implementation, and Rational Software Architect (RSA) to create SOA design artifacts for composite application development teams.
- Designing BPM solutions with service orchestration using Business Process Execution Language (BPEL). Infrastructure design and implementation of High Availability (HA) for IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) 7.5 and IBM Integration Developer (IID) 7.5
- Using IBM's ESB tools: WebSphere Message Broker (WMB), WPS/BPM and DataPower, for data mapping/transformation, and message flows/routing.
- Designing workflow services and exposing them for all business domains in implementing seamless workflow orchestration under SOA environment.
- Using ORM tools: JPA and Hibernate.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary