Technical Analyst - Java Unix
|Reference # :||18-01644||Title :||Technical Analyst - Java Unix|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/05/2018 / 11/04/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Reporting to the VP of Applications Enablement & Architecture team, the Technical Analyst will play a role for planning, executing and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and will provide support in maintaining complete cycle of SDLC. This role will operate in support of strategic Robotic and Process Automation application procures to provide support to its client base business units across institutional clients.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Understand Robotics and Process Automation
- To coordinate and expedite the on-boarding of new projects, documenting requirements, architecting solutions and developing appropriate project plans
- To manage projects across Procurement, Architecture, Applications Development and Infrastructure technical teams, overcoming issues, escalating exceptions and meeting stringent deadlines
- Configuration and build Servers, environments and tuning of application a part of team
- Scheduling of tasks with system administrators and database administrators for supporting strategic applications
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of three years of working experience in an enterprise environment as Unix administrator, Java developer and understands database (My Sql and PostgreSQL)
- University degree in business or related field is required
- Working knowledge of the UNIX/Linux environment (shell Scripting,, Java, tomcat, Nginx, Selenium) is must
- Good understanding of Java, MySql & PostgreSQL Database concepts is must.
- Familiarity with project management tools and /or software packages
- Demonstrated leadership managing people
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strategic, operational, and technical marketing & management skills
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Excellent communication, including listening skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
- Flexibility with working schedule, changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
- Good working knowledge of Networking
- Experience working within an Enterprise IT Support environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (typical duties include the following):
- Engaged in environment build and Support from initiation to closure, Support for BAU mode
- Be accountable for project results along with project sponsor
- Work with project sponsor and stakeholders to complete project charter outline, scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing.
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task
- Provide project schedule to identify when each task will be performed
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout project life cycle while working with team members, System Administration and Database administration
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved
- Develop tools and best practice for repeatable tasks and execution
- Ensure all project documents are safely archived following project completion.
- Respond to customer requests regarding outages, performance degradation and project status.
- Maintain flexible work schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays to work on deployments or regularly scheduled maintenance
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction and troubleshooting
- Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledgebase using tool set
- Work directly with other team members to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Develop work schedules and project plans in support of various App Dev requests
- Maintain server, software, licenses and other inventories
- Ensure weekend activities complete successfully through assignment, coordination, oversight and validation and Checkout. This may requires weekend work.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary