|Reference # :||18-01304||Title :||Technical Advisor|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/03/2018 / 09/02/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Strategic thinker with strong execution skills. Experience in introducing standardized technical solutions for cloud server and storage products is required. The responsibilities of a Product Management Technical Advisor is to recognize and resolve technical roadblocks to introduction of new infrastructure products and or improvements in existing products by working with all stakeholders, including engineering, operations and internal clients.
Work across all functional teams to define products and services that are aligned with and delivered to the business needs. Ensure new products are standardized, supportable, and can be built repeatedly while working with Product Manager to assure that economics of solutions are market-competitive. Work closely with client service delivery teams and clients to align products and delivery to enable the Major Global Bank's global business strategy. Review and monitor the key performance indicators across product offerings.
Specific Responsibilities to Include (but not limited to):
- Advise Product Managers on technical requirements
- Work with stakeholders to operationalize the infrastructure platforms and services
- Develop infrastructure strategy and conduct technology planning including management of lifecycle of platforms and services
- Interact with Solutioning to collect inputs on evolution of infrastructure platform and service catalog based on app needs
- Customer centric focused with strong technical skills and awareness of business implications
- Ability to support product roll-out process from conception through final operationalization
- Strong understanding of technology and industry trends for Linux, Windows, SAN, NAS, and software defined storage solutions
- Ability to engage with a broad range of staff from front-line architects and operations staff to high-level business users
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal clients through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing, presenting)
- Demonstrate success in managing deliverables within aggressive timeframes; ability to cope under strict time restraints
- Demonstrate project management experience and detailed knowledge of products, risks, processes, and client base
- Working knowledge of Banking, the financial services industry and financial products
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated understanding of Cloud solutions and DevOps operating models.
Qualified candidates should already be in at least a C14/Senior VP or promotion ready within six months.
BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
Good balance of business and technical skills – customer centric
Excellent communication skills, excellent organizational ability
Comfortable multi tasking and working with critical deadlines
Ability to travel up to 10% of the time and/or as required
Ability to effectively communicate to internal clients through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing, presenting)
Willingness to stay on the leading edge of technology by learning new techniques
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary