Tech Product Entrepreneur
|Reference # :||19-00288||Title :||Tech Product Entrepreneur|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||04/12/2019|
Major Global Bank Ventures is the innovation engine of Major Global Bank, committed to conceiving, launching and scaling new initiatives with the potential to transform the future of financial services. We invest in startups, pilot new technologies, and test new solutions and business. Our goal is to accelerate product roadmaps and commercialization opportunities within Major Global Bank to deliver new growth and value. Major Global Bank Ventures is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in New York and London.
Major Global Bank Venture's D10X program is a strategic growth initiative building lean startups inside Major Global Bank. These startups span consumer bank, credit cards and mortgages, all the way into our institutional clients group (ICG), corporate and investment banks, and our trade and treasury services. The potential for huge transformation of all kinds of financial services is at the heart of what we do.
The role of the EIR was popularized in Eric Ries's The Lean Startup, and many of the principles of that book are central to the way the D10X program operates today. All candidates will be expected to know the strengths and weaknesses of lean startup at a deep level, and to be able to apply the theory and hands-on tactics of lean startup with their teams.
A Major Global Bank EIR works across a number of internal, multi-disciplinary teams of varying seniority, helping to take ideas from genesis to launch, and beyond. The program is structured around well-defined stages of progress modelled on real-world startup stages and VC investments.
- Work with employees from various Major Global Bank business units to help originate new ideas or further develop existing ones. Leverage a variety of techniques to identify and isolate those ideas that are worth pursuing, big enough to matter and practical for Major Global Bank to pursue
- Work with established internal startup teams as a coach, mentor and in some cases co-founder to help these projects evolve into meaningful initiatives inside of Major Global Bank
- Apply the D10x process, and Lean startup practices in general, to ensure that the largest assumptions are identified and that experimentation and research are used to validate or invalidate assumptions early in the project lifecycle
- Help teams prepare for and in some cases deliver pitches to executive teams, ala Shark Tank, to obtain commitment and funding
- Perform project management to ensure efforts are efficiently run with regards to scope, schedule, and communication and, when necessary, herd cats
- Apply product management practices to guide the definition, design, development and launch of new digital products
- Guide technical decisions and strategy to ensure the resulting products strike a balance between forward thinking/modernity and feasibility/maintainability/cost
- Perform stakeholder management inside and outside of Major Global Bank to gain commitment and resources from internal organizations and external partners
- Consider a variety of business and pricing models to support the eventual commercialization of the resulting products and use market tests and research to select the most optimal
- Help navigate all regulatory and governance control functions within Major Global Bank to ensure all required approvals are met and all business risks are identified and managed
- Actively seek opportunities to leverage platforms and best practices across Major Global Bank Ventures, the Global Lab Network and Major Global Bank's internal innovation ecosystem
- Be a key contributor to the D10x program, allowing Major Global Bank Ventures to define, practice and promote corporate innovation as a means for Major Global Bank to maintain its leadership position in the Financial Services industry
Required Experience and Capabilities:
- This role will work closely with Major Global Bank's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) so experience in Financial Services or Fintech is essential, preferably in Capital Markets or Digital Payments
- 10+ years relevant experience in an innovation, new product origination and/or startup role
- Deep product management experience in both early stage and late stage products, having guided multiple digital products from concept to launch
- Project Management expertise, having been responsible for leading large, complex enterprise projects
- Experience with B2B Business and pricing models
- Experience coaching, consulting, and/or mentoring individuals and teams
- Ability to operate in highly ambiguous and unstructured environments
- Ability to think strategically and implement tactically in a startup-like environment
- Strong leadership presence and influencing skills at the highest levels of executive leadership
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary