|Reference # :||18-00206||Title :||Tech Lead|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/05/2018 / 08/04/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Description of the group:
The GSM trading business is actively involved in the origination, securitization, and secondary trading of a variety of mortgage and asset-backed securities. They operate in three major regions: North America, Europe and Asia. The primary products include residential mortgages, commercial mortgages, credit cards, auto loans, and student loans. GSM Front-office Technology team builds and supports cutting edge and robust technology solutions that allow our business users to gain a competitive advantage. This technology team focuses on building applications that allow trading desks to manage their positions, price some of the most complicated financial products in the market, perform prepayment/cash flow/scenario analysis to hedge and risk manage their positions. The team, comprising of seasoned technologists and business domain experts, works closely with the traders, risk managers, quants, research analysts and senior management to identify market opportunities and deliver solutions using Agile development principles.
We are interested in smart, analytical, proactive people who are passionate about technology and who know and appreciate proper design and coding methodologies.
The GSM technology group is looking for a senior Tech Lead/Data Architect to enhance and support Sybase dependent applications. This person will work on a complex multi-year divestiture project primarily focusing on database and dependent applications, to adapt and ensure that the securitized markets application suite continues to function seamlessly. The candidate will be required to be a hands on Sybase developer, participating in stored procedure/code and design reviews, communicate with multiple teams, prioritize requirements and escalate risks and execution to management and stake holders appropriately.
• Ideal candidate should be proficient with Unix/Linux, Sybase, SQL, ETL, Python/Java, Shell scripting
• Experience working with large sets of production data
• Proficiency working with data analysis concepts to determine accuracy/integrity and identify performance opportunities
• Develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with key business partners and peers to enable effective planning of new products and technology to ensure the delivery of service and value
• Must include excellent communication and coordination skills, inclusive of team leadership, relationship management and mentoring/coaching
• Expert in Unix shell scripting and should have prior experience in writing and maintaining complex database scripts
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, Effective verbal and writing communication skills
• In depth knowledge of integrating technologies and platforms and understanding dependencies in support of a positive client experience
• Self-driven, able to work under pressure
• Able to manage, prioritize and solve problems quickly and completely
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (in science, computers, information technology or engineering)
• Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
Nice to Haves:
• Fixed income business knowledge
• Experience with MongoDB, Kafka and Test-driven development are nice to have
• ORM, Link to Object/Entity is nice to have
please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary