|Reference # :||20-01288||Title :||Systems Architect|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||12/17/2020 / 06/17/2023|
Act as Solution Architect and L3 Technical Support for the NYS Department of Transportation to fulfill the duties as described below.
Duties include but not limited to the following:
1. Architect technology solutions/systems that meet or exceed Agency business requirements aligning with NYS ITS Technical and Security Service standards and strategies.
2. Troubleshoot and resolve OS configuration, Stealth COI's, storage and networking of Agency Commercial -off -the - shelf (COTS) business applications.
3. Work with COTS Vendors and Agency business areas for COTS installation, configuration and testing.
4. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Commercial -off -the - shelf business software (COTS) including performance tuning, log analysis and security.
5. Review the systems architecture currently in place and provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
6. Research solutions and collaborate with COTS External Vendors and Agency Business Areas for COTS Application implementation including installation, configuration and testing.
7. Recommend and implement system enhancements that
will improve the performance and reliability of the
8. Provide mentoring and guidance to other Transportation
Portfolio Architecture team members;
9. Provide L3 Technical support for an enterprise-level
distributed MS Windows server environment including
Stealth COIs and storage and networking of
Agency/business COTS business applications.
10. Analyze implemented systems and identify problems,
evaluate data and defined problems, document data on
COTS including performance tuning, log analysis and
11. Script repetitive management tasks such as application
data processing, workstation and server maintenance
using PowerShell; and, Active Directory maintenance and
12. Use a ticketing system to track and manage incidents,
service requests, problems, changes, and
Please see our complete list of jobs at: