|Reference # :||20-00388||Title :||Systems Architect|
|Location :||Brooklyn, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/13/2020 / 05/13/2022|
Under the general direction of the Director of Storage and Virtualization, with the broadest scope for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment. Serves as an Enterprise Systems Architect (Backup and Archiving) responsible for providing senior level operational support for Backup and Archiving Systems. This includes managing, EMC Storage unites, Data domains, and Data Archivers and the HCI infrastructure.
• Responsible for the architecture, ongoing management, configuration, and layout of HCI infrastructure.
• Perform necessary Backup and HCI infrastructure design and maintenance in accordance with Dell and EMC and customer's change management policies.
• Provides analysis of VMware, Azure, Networker Environment and recommendation of Best Practices for Compute, Storage, Backup, Recovery, and Archiving.
• Responsible for Capacity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning and design as applicable.
• Expert level architecture design of the vxRails and vSAN environments.
• Recommend changes to procedures which result in operational optimization
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable
• Produce documentation for procedures for the compute environment
• Integrating enterprise backup applications with applications: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Exchange, etc.
• Managing large BRS deployments (i.e. deploying agents across an enterprise server environment, automating backups, generating usage reports, etc.)
• vxRails, VCF, SDDC and NSX tuning and performance measurement/reporting