|Reference # :||19-00930||Title :||Systems Architect|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/18/2019 / 05/18/2022|
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Act as technical Point of Contact to perform Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) application installation and configuration (with or without vendor) and identifying technical solutions to execute the requirements of the business.
2. Act as a Windows Server Administrator to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve operational incidents with large scale NYSDOT systems
3. Provide advanced Technical / Analytical support using tools like Splunk for log analysis, and make recommendations for OS, Database and Networking configuration tuning.
4. Act as Windows Server Administrator to perform COTS application upgrades within normal and/or outside of normal business hours
5. Manage COTS application installation and configuration on Windows platforms, IIS, Tomcat, WebLogic
6. Provide advanced Technical support using tools like Wireshark, Process Monitor, netstat, ping, traceroute, telnet etc. to troubleshoot application and connectivity issues.
7. Provide advanced Technical support of COTS application interfaces & system interconnects (Networks, Stealth firewall software) to diagnose connectivity issues
8. Perform systems management and optimization tuning for operational system implemented with high availability configurations.
9. Perform scripting (Batch, WMI, Perl, Powershell) and automate the System/OS jobs.
10. Act as 3rd level technical support for NYSDOT applications
11. Work with business areas to gather and understand business requirements and translate to technical requirements for implementation
12. Use a ticketing system to track and manage incidents, service requests, problems and changes.
13. Provide on-call support for various DOT systems during Emergency events where DOT is in Emergency Management mode.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary