Sr. Java Developer-Spring Boot/Spring Batch/Investment Bank
|Reference # :||21-00966||Title :||Sr. Java Developer-Spring Boot/Spring Batch/Investment Bank|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||07/26/2021 / 07/25/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
The Capital Markets group is seeking a core java senior developer to join our engineering team in Tampa. Potential candidates MUST have experience with and are enthusiastic about developing all areas of middle-tier and back-end system programming. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to: writing large scale Java programs in pure core Java to facilitate both batch and real-time processing. All processes will be deployed to Unix/Linux environments; therefore a working understanding of Unix/Linux is required.
All potential candidates must be able to work in a dynamic team environment which includes developers working with different technologies (other than Java such as C#/.NET and Unix) across multiple regions, and be able to integrate their application components with other team members. This is a hands-on programming role, no prior experience as an architect is required. The Applications Development Senior position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
We'd love for you to apply if you are passionate about development and the below skills/description resonate with you!
• Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
• Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
• Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
• Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
• Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
• Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
• Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
• Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
• Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
• Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Major Global Bankgroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Essential Technical Skills:
• Strong experience in JAVA, Spring/Spring Boot/Spring Batch, SOAP/Restful Services
• Advanced-Expert ability to code in Java
• Good experience in Micro-Service development
• Strong Software design Skills
• Expertise in Unix (Linux) commands & scripting
• Process and tools to produce well written low defect rate code
• Experience of collaboration tools (source control)
• Excellent aptitude for analysis and problem solving
• Attention to detail
• Self-Motivated and willingness to learn as well as contribute to the wider team
• Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
• Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
• Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
Nice to Have:
• Strong experience in SQL (Oracle). PL/SQL programming expertise is preferred
• Strong Experience with Messaging (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
• Experience with Graph DB(e.g. Neo4J) is a plus
Good Knowledge & Experience on Workflow(e.g. JBPM) is a plus
Please see our complete list of jobs at: