Sr. Java Developer- SOLR/ELASTIC Search
|Reference # :||20-00288||Title :||Sr. Java Developer- SOLR/ELASTIC Search|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||03/06/2020|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
**Experience with SOLR and search is a big plus
Cross Product Technology team provides pre-trade, analytics and post trade information to internal and institutional clients. CPT is seeking strong developers to build next generation of search capability for Markets
- Responsible for server side applications design & development.
- Development of common, reusable components and services
- Responsible for creating high throughput applications leveraging existing Major Global Bank framework
- Working with core team to manage and support application.
- Ability to take initiative to research, learn and recommend emerging technologies and existing solution
- Assist the client in the planning of overall application strategy
- Solid understanding of service architecture
- Experience architecting and designing high performance server side components.
- At least 5+ years experience using J2EE to develop service oriented applications
- Good experience with Search Engines including open source product such as Solr / Elastic.
- Good experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Design and develop the core services ensuring strong reliability, scalability and performance
- Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design
- Solid understanding of multithreading.
- Extensive hand-coding expertise in Core Java / J2EE development (Java 8)
- Proficiency with Spring Framework.
- Strong experience with search engines such as SOLR/ELASTIC, in modelling, coding and performance tuning.
- Strong experience in NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, both in data modelling and coding.
- Experience in data modeling and experience with relational databases, such as Oracle.
- Experienced in bulding and manging REST APIs.
- Experienced in systems integration, web services, batch processing
- Prior experience with building distributed, multi-tier applications is highly desirable
- Relish tackling new challenges, paying attention to details, and, ultimately, growing professionally.
Strong academic record, ideally with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related technical or quantitative discipline. Demonstrable success in designing and delivering multi-tiered applications Competencies
- Strong Communication skills
- Self Motivated
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Please see our complete list of jobs at: