Sr. Java Developer/Interest Rates/Futures/ E-Trading
|Reference # :||19-00487||Title :||Sr. Java Developer/Interest Rates/Futures/ E-Trading|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||06/14/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Deliver next-generation performance and functionality and play a partnership role defining the direction of Rates electronic trading at Major Investment Bank. Seeking developers to continue to build and enhance the Rates eTrading platform that autonomously prices and trades with clients across external and internal venues.
Key Responsibilities / Role:
- Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design
- Development of common, reusable components and services utilizing Major Investment Bank's best practices
- Responsible for creating high performance, low latency applications leveraging existing Major Investment Bank framework
- Understanding of electronic trading across both broker and multi-dealer platforms.
- Working with other Etrading teams to manage and support the application.
- Ensuring strong reliability, scalability and performance of the core eTrading components
- Liaise with technical, business and quant teams to collaborate on identifying opportunities and solutions
- Drive architecture and execute on our technical strategy
- Partner with business to continue to evolve architecture roadmap beyond near term objectives
- Coordinate development with both internal technology teams and business/quants
- Drive engineering standards and continue to strive for best in class
- Deliver next-generation performance and functionality and play a partnership role defining the direction of Rates electronic trading at Major Investment Bank
- Strong academic record, ideally with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Science, engineering or related technical or quantitative discipline.
- Demonstrable success in designing and delivering multi-tiered applications
- Extensive hand-on coding expertise in Core Java
- Strong Software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns, Object-Oriented
programming, architecture, algorithms, and problem-solving skills
- Strong focus on system performance tuning and experience with low latency Java programming
- Solid understanding of service architecture and high performance, low latency, and multi-
- Experience architecting and designing high performance server side components.
- At least 8+ years of experience using Java to develop service oriented applications
- Knowledge of Market Microstructure and Optimal execution
- Prior experience in building algo trading systems
- Experience analyzing large dataset with time series databases
- Knowledge of any Interest Rates or Futures financial products (e.g. Treasuries/Swaps)
- Technical skills include Java, Spring, TDD, KDB, FIX, and UNIX/LINUX
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to face off to business users
- Self-motivated individual and with determination to achieve goals
- Willingness to learn, both technically and professionally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good team working skills and ability to work in a distributed global team environment
- Ability to work on a fast-pace environment; Flexible and able to deliver quality results in the
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary