Sr. Java Developer/Full Stack/Lead/Investment Bank
|Reference # :||21-01465||Title :||Sr. Java Developer/Full Stack/Lead/Investment Bank|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/18/2021 / 10/17/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Can be based in Tampa or Irving, TX
Senior, hands-on technical lead focused on building out the firm's strategic data platforms used by the Institutional Clients Group of Major Bank. The successful applicant will take ownership of key projects and components and will be responsible for all phases of the SDLC including analysis and design, development, testing and deployment. As a technical lead, the candidate will be responsible for providing technical guidance to junior developers, including overseeing their deliverables, providing architectural guidance, enforcing Major Global Bank best practices, and conducting code reviews. A potential candidate will need to understand system and enterprise architecture concepts and will be expected to understand how all components fit together and affect one another. They will work with a global and diverse team of peers as well as liaise closely with Business Analyst, Production Support, and Infrastructure teams.
• Develop and Deliver assigned development projects within agreed schedule, quality and scope expectations
• Participate in all stages of the SDLC within an agile Scrum environment.
• Interact with senior management to define and drive architectural direction
• Interact with PMO and translate reported problems/issues into JIRA items to implement
• Enhance/Re-architect existing components to satisfy new performance and scalability requirements
• Provide level 3 (escalation) support for the application
• Ensure all components in the platform are fully compliant with Major Global Bank technology standards
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Major Global Bankgroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
• A minimum of 4 years of application development experience
• Solid understanding of application infrastructures, including hardware, storage, network, databases, disaster recovery
• Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures and how to best apply them to build optimal software solutions
• Understanding of Metadata, its applications and management
• Logical thinking, Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; innovative and solutions oriented
• Effective time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with flexibility on time zones and timelines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to prepare and deliver effective presentation
• Proven experience building scalable, mission critical systems
Technical Skills and Experience:
• Java full stack technologies
• Angular or other web based UI frameworks
• RDBMS, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle DB
• XML/XSD/XSLT and JSON
• Modern source control, build and continuous integration solutions
• UNIX/Linux Shell scripting
• Spring/Tomcat application server
• Experience using – JIRA, uDeploy, Sonarqube, TeamCity, Artifactory, BitBucket, Groovy, Maven/Gradle.
• Windows scripting, PowerShell
• Web services (SOAP, REST, etc.)
• Autosys and scheduling
• Experience in Cloud concepts and technologies: container build and orchestration, infrastructure-as-code, horizontal scaling
• Physical and logical data modeling
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (electronics) and/or computer science
Please see our complete list of jobs at: