Sr. Business Integration Project Manager
|Reference # :||19-00265||Title :||Sr. Business Integration Project Manager|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/01/2019 / 12/31/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
This is for a consultant position in Tampa, FL. A Major Investment Bank is looking for a motivated and organized individual with a Project Management and Business Analysis background. Candidate must have experience IT Project Management in financial services, compliance and technology for an exciting and challenging position supporting Global Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Screening Technology.
The candidate will be responsible for leading Project Management tasks, activities and functions across the entire software development project lifecycle for Business Integration initiatives. The candidate will work with Stakeholders across all lines of business to formalize and manage project scope, schedule and deliverables for Global Compliance Technology projects as assigned.
The Global Compliance Technology Project Manager has end to end accountability for the successful delivery of assigned projects in a highly matrixed, project-based environment. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a very dynamic environment and extremely skilled at navigating large and diverse stakeholder groups.
The requirements and responsibilities for all aspects of the role include (but are not limited to) the following:
Technology Project Management
- Initiate, plan, monitor, control and deliver Global Compliance Technology project as assigned.
- Measure, monitor and report progress of business integration projects to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Manage risks and issues that affect project scope, schedule and quality for all projects assigned
- Manage cross-team communications and coordinate work between different teams at different locations globally
- Establish and control project scope and schedule baselines and manage changes to the baselines in a transparent and controlled manner
- Work with Technology teams to understand project dependencies, resource and technical challenges
- Continually work towards making improvements in the Project Management process
- Support Portfolio and Relationship managers by developing and managing key relationships across business and technology teams globally
- Support Technology and Global Compliance management by building a deep understanding of upstream business processes, products, systems, teams and priorities for assigned business areas
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 7-8 years working with the Software Development Life Cycle with at least 3-5 years of Project Management experience
- Must have experience in managing multiple concurrent initiatives
- Must have strong problem solving abilities
- Previous technical experience is a strong plus
- Prior experience with Sanctions Screening and/or AML systems a plus (Actimize Watch List Filtering, Actimize Risk Case Management, Fircosoft, etc.)
- Recognized for having high caliber team skills
- Strong skills in release management, interpersonal relationships, handling cultural diversity, communication (both written and verbal)
- Must have prior proven experience working with diverse countries/users/businesses to be at ease in dealing with the global nature of technology solutions
- Must be able to work in an environment with challenging deadlines across a large organization
- A degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment supporting a Global product organization
EXPECTED OUTCOMES (WHAT WILL "SUCCESS” LOOK LIKE IN 6 MONTHS)
He or she will be a self-starter that thrives in early-stage, collaborative environments. Ideal candidates will look to provide critical project management support for technology projects. "Success” in this role will be the ability to improve execution of assigned projects and improved visibility to cross-project risks and issues. In 6 months he or she should be able to manage any release or project within the portfolio. To be successful in this role, the candidate must demonstrate an ability to drive the execution of releases and projects that routinely have tight schedules and regulatory committed dates as well as ensure the consistent transparency to Compliance, Operations and Business lines of the status of application development activities.
KEY CHALLENGES (WHAT IS THE WORK/MARKET ENVIRONMENT)
Challenges in this area include working across multiple technology and business groups globally and the ability to organize project streams and "decision makers” on the Compliance, Operations, and business-sides resulting in the delivery of the appropriate solution on-time, with high quality and under budget.
Other challenges include:
- Fast-paced environment
- Requirement to multi-task
- Challenging business/regulatory environment
- Financial constraints
- Legacy Applications and a very diverse/complex environment of technology systems
- Highly matrixed systems environment
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS (KEY COMPETENCIES, MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, MINIMUM PRIOR SPAN OF CONTROL, TECHNICAL SKILLS)
Minimum Years Experience: 4-5 Years
Degree: BS or equivalent experience – Computer Science, Management or related field
- Specific knowledge in understanding compliance technology products and objectives. Experience with selecting / implementing and deploying such products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles required)
- 2-3 years of experience in financial services technology preferred
- Project Management and ITIL Certification preferred
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Knowledge of MS Office integration; including advanced experience with Excel Macros and Pivot Tables a must
- Integration of Excel with SharePoint 2010 a must
- Scheduling and Planning using MS Project 2010 preferred
- Excellent PowerPoint Presentation Skills required
- PTS Knowledge a plus but not required
- Previous development experience in a distributed systems environment a strong plus
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary