Software Release Engineer
|Reference # :||18-01332||Title :||Software Release Engineer|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||09/04/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
The Software Release Engineer is responsible for:
1. Deployment of security patches and applications to desktop PCs in all regions globally.
2. Review, testing, planning, deployment, and remediation of deployment-related issues.
3. Software and patch issue management and troubleshooting.
The position sits within the Software Management Services group under Global Customer Operations
This role will report to the Global Software Release Manager and will directly impact the business through contribution to technical direction and strategic decisions for technology infrastructure.
- Plan, test, and execute software and patch deployments across multiple business lines in all regions globally.
- Coordinate all release management activities for software and patch deployments in the desktop and Citrix XenApp 6.5 server space.
- Manage customer requests for software delivery.
- Interact with senior management to understand expectations, define approach and schedule end to end release with customer.
- Coordinate pre-production testing as well as UAT and Pre-approve releases for production.
- Communicate release details to customers and senior management and establish configuration package as to how the release will be performed.
- Ensure that all changes follow a stringent configuration process to ensure changes are performed in a controlled manner.
- Define release, design, configuration and timelines
- Communicate change and documentation to users, CSCs and in-country support. Communicate known errors to CSCs and in-country support groups
- Sign off the release for testing, sign off the release for production implementation
- Provide technical support and guidance throughout the release process
- Measure deployment progress and provide a release dashboard. Record metrics and measure against SLO. Provide metrics on release progress to customer and management.
- Monitor incidents/problems and provide initial support in response to incidents.
- Manage the control and compliance aspect of release management.
- Define and own release policies, release processes and Process Control Manuals. Define release design, configuration and timelines.
- Perform capacity planning and ensure the HPCA infrastructure and network capable of handling releases.
Provide technical support and guidance throughout the release process. Measure deployment progress as part of the release dashboard.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 5 years of experience in working with Active Directory in a global or regional environment, ideally in the banking sector
- 5 years of experience with a mass software deployment infrastructure, preferably SCCM
- Ability to understand how complex systems interconnect in a large international environment
- IT Academic qualifications
- High caliber individual
- ITIL and MCSE certified
- SCCM, HPCA, PowerShell certification a plus
- Experience with the Distribution Portal a plus
- Strong knowledge of AD, HPCA, SQL, DNS, scripting, Network and database technologies
- Strong Knowledge of and hands on experience with Microsoft SCCM and its use in large scale deployment of software and patches.
- SCCM troubleshooting with regard to
- patch management, software distribution, and logging.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Desktop/Server/Database and office automation technologies
- Strong data analysis and data manipulation skills
- Technical writing, reporting and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Creativity, flexibility and ability to take initiatives and retain ownership
- Ability to deal with crisis and work under stress
- Ability to multitask and deal with a large workload including dealing with priorities and schedule planning
- Ability to work effectively in a global team with teammates located in different regions and time zones.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary