|Reference # :||20-01158||Title :||Software Developer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/19/2020 / 11/19/2022|
Billing Modifications and Enhancements -Managed Care & TPHI
Comprehensive Billing System (COBS)
Uniform Billing System (Banking)
And various initiatives/projects as needed
Support/Enhance IDMS/ADS based billing applications which incorporate multi-system data feeds to bill a variety of payers including Medicaid, Medicare & Third Party Health Insurance (TPHI) for services rendered.
Daily Tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
2. Use IBM COBOL, JCL, CA-IDMS, CA-ADS to
develop/maintain batch/online applications in an IBM z/OS
environment. Perform analysis, design, coding, and testing
of changes based on State/Federal mandates or requests
from the OMH State Operations Finance Group.
3. Support billing of Medicare, Medicaid, Third Party Health
Insurance (TPHI), & individuals (private parties). Monitor
batch production jobs, analyze results, and address any
aborts/system failures as needed. Diagnose and debug
production issues reported via ITSM.
4. Prepare database scripts for the purpose of
creating/modifying Oracle tables, packages, stored
procedures, indexes, constraints, triggers, etc .
5. Maintain/support multiple batch based data
feeds/exchanges between Oracle and IDMS environments.
6. Maintain/support encryption of mainframe data as needed
using ASPG MegaCryption.
7. Work with members of the Billing unit, DBA unit, and the
office for Information Technology Services to migrate
batch and online application changes to the QA and
Production platforms following standard migration
8. Work with business owners, users, and technical support
staff to identify changes that are needed and the solution
for implementing them.
9. Mentor and assist other programmers, both state and consultant,
providing guidance for debugging, troubleshooting, securing and
deploying applications, data access, data communications and system
10. Report status of current tasks and outstanding issues to supervisor.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: