|Reference # :||19-01172||Title :||Software Developer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/01/2020 / 02/01/2022|
The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will move its public website (dmv.ny.gov) and intranet site from Drupal 7 CMS to Drupal 8/9. Along with these migrations, DMV would like to make some stylistic and functional customizations to the site. This effort requires assistance of one qualified Drupal Website Administrator consultant.
The website has many dynamic features and includes many customized features and functionality including:
1. A customized site search using SOLR
2. A customized navigation menu divided into content for individual customers and organization (business) customers
3. A customized DMV office locator tool
4. A customized forms search tool
5. A customized locator tool to find participating organizations where a customer can get a DMV eye test before renewing their license
6. A customized tool to display regulated driving training course providers
7. Integration (via application program interface (API)) with a third party email/text notification service provider
8. Webforms (in the Webform4 module)
9. Driver's manual test practice quizzes (using Quiz module)
10. Image sliders
11. Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Representation State Transfer (REST) APIs to integrate with State and external information systems
12. Collapsible sidebar menus
The consultant will work with DMV's Web Services Office staff and ‘staff from the New York State Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) on maintaining and improving the Intranet and Internet sites in Drupal and, in the process, enhance the Drupal skill set of the Web Services Office staff.
DMV is committed to ensuring the website adheres to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA guidelines. The consultant will participate in this effort.
1. In consultation with DMV staff and outside accessibility testers, remediate any identified issues with website accessibility per WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines.
2. Complete front end Drupal tasks for the Internet and Intranet project including:
f. Content types
i. Organic Groups
j. Caching/improving site performance
k. Install and configure new modules
l. Install and configure security and other system updates
3. Perform data and system analysis on site search
4. Perform data and system analysis of the website performance.
5. Help DMV identify and execute solutions that expand and/or improve DMV's intranet and internet services.
6. Work with DMV Business Unit content contributors to transfer their content to Drupal and assist in training them.
7. Participate in meetings/discussions with the DMV Staff, ITS and the agencies vendors that help support the website.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary