|Reference # :||19-00822||Title :||Software Developer|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/17/2019 / 04/17/2021|
Selected candidate will function in the role of lead software architect and developer on the HPNAP Information System project. This is a project to develop a new software application to fulfill the business requirements of the Hunger Prevention and Nutrition Assistance Program, replacing the program's existing MS Access data collection and reporting system.
Day-to-day tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Business Analyst to review requirements and functional specifications, and ensure adherence to technical standards and constraints.
- Participate in system design and prototypes.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to develop work estimates for development efforts.
- Design and implement an application framework for a new web application using .NET technology and MS SQL Server database.
- Develop all application and database components based on functional specifications.
- Adhere to defined development standards and best practices.
- Leverage existing core technology and infrastructure wherever possible to avoid redundant development.
- Perform unit testing of all developed code.
- Develop technical documentation.
- Assist with the creation of test plans and identification
- Collaborate with QA Tester to investigate and resolve
issues found during testing.
- Assist with the resolution of technical/development
issues across all environments.
- Participate in the development of the implementation
and transition plans.
- Document, communicate and validate technical
requirements throughout the system development
- Participate in project team meetings and work closely
with the project manager and NYS ITS managers to
monitor and identify technical risks and issues.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary