The New York City Department of Education is seeking (1) Expert ETL Software Architect to help architect/manage the Extraction of data from various sources, Transformation/Integration of that data, and the Load of that data into the DataCore DWH/MS or Dynamic CRM. The position will also architect data extracts for various DOE vendors. Work with the DIIT (Division of Information and Instructional Technology) Data teams to facilitate the implementation of and maintenance of the DataCore DWH Data Architecture.
- Support the needed analysis, architectural design, build, test and documentation of complex data conversion and integration solutions.
- Architect user acceptance test activities for the data conversion and integration solutions.
- Architect, design and develop ETL code using IBMs DataStage and the Scribe Soft Scribe ETL tools for the definition, development and testing of the processes and programs necessary to extract, transform, and load data from the various data sources.
- Work with other data analysts, business users and IT professionals to ensure that architectural data requirements are met. Ensure that architectural design documentation is captured, maintained, understood by and available to business and/or IT partners.
- Participate in, or facilitate, business process, architectural sessions, and requirement sessions to ensure that all fully understand the requirements and the data necessary to support those requirements.
- Perform architectural design, develop, test and manage ETL jobs to specifications and design.
- Participate in focus group sessions as needed for information discovery on various architectural designs.
- Define the rules of the business data and the data's mapping between various systems.
- Architect and code in various shell scripting languages.
- Re-architect existing ETL, data and process issues on an as needed basis.
- Independently design and perform independent data research.
- Independently architect, design, code test, and promote to production DataStage ETL, Scribe ETL, SQL, and Scripts.
- Independently architecturally design, code test, and promote to production SQL in MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Independently interface with various internal and external clients on a design and practical level.
- Independently document architectural designs, codes, and test plans.
- Independently troubleshoot ETL job and data issues.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: