|Reference # :||19-00956||Title :||Software Architect|
|Location :||Menands, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/21/2019 / 11/21/2021|
The position is for updating and maintaining the SDWIS. The Center for Environmental Health uses SDWIS to track public water system information related to compliance with state and federal drinking water regulations. It is also used for mandatory data transmittal to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). As it currently exists, SDWIS is outdated and unsupported by the EPA and its contractor, Client. At the direction of the Governor's Office, NYS Department of Health (DOH), NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), and Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) will work to redesign SDWIS and to develop an inter-agency platform to share and analyze information on water quality and contamination risks.
1. Design & develop Java web applications for Oracle WebLogic Servers.
2. Design & develop web services.
3. Providing maintenance & support for live applications & services.
4. Application Server Tasks: Deploying applications & web services, creating data sources
5. Develop object relational mapping using ibatis frameworks to access back-end Oracle databases.
7. Designing and developing Oracle database objects such as tables, triggers, and stored procedures for the applications.
Write PL/SQL against Oracle RAC for use by web applications.
8. Communicate with users & stakeholders. Communicate with Business Analysts to acquire requirements.
9. Documentation: Preparing various documents like user documents, process flow diagrams and database schema diagrams.
10. Perform black box testing of web applications developed by other staff members.
11. Review older technical architecture and builds for revision and replacement
12. Attend and provide guidance during joint application design sessions with other staff members.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary