|Reference # :||19-00735||Title :||Software Analyst|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/30/2019 / 03/30/2022|
Modifications/Enhancements to existing mainframe legacy billing system: Uniform Billing System (Banking) and Comprehensive Outpatient Billing System (COBS) are approximately 35 and 25 years old respectively and require programming changes to keep up with changes in regulations and policy both on the Federal and State levels. These changes are necessary to comply with current requirements, maintain revenue and minimize audit risk.
Daily Tasks will include but not limited to the following:
1. Work closely with the project manager, technical team members and other project stakeholders to provide leadership throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
2. Work closely with Business Systems Analyst 4 and the project team to identify and scope the stated business problem, provide leadership and recommend/execute best approach to problem.
3. Work as a liaison to stakeholders, software uses and Subject Matter Experts to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate and verify the requirements for complex changes to current business processes, policies and information systems and for the development of new business processes, policies and information systems.
4. Conveys the demands of software users to the developers and ensures understanding of requirements clearly articulated artifacts
5. Create as-is and to-be business process flows to ensure that the implemented business process and supporting software meets agency needs.
6. Conduct requirements workshops and JAD sessions with agency subject matter experts as one of the many techniques to be used to elicit requirements.
7. Create business requirements documents, context diagrams, business requirements document (BRD), system "as-is-and "to be-states, system specifications, use cases and workflow diagrams, report and screen mockups, swim lane diagrams, and prototypes.
8. Ensure that artifacts required by ITS governance process and Secure Systems Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) are created and support the project scope.
9. Manage requirements through the life of the contract using a requirements management plan and traceability to ensure coverage between the source of each requirement and the test case(s) it will be tested by.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary