Senior QlikView - BI Developer
|Reference # :||18-01071||Title :||Senior QlikView - BI Developer|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/06/2018 / 01/31/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Senior QlikView - BI Developer
The position is within Global Capital Markets Operation Technology. Global Capital Markets and Operations Technology focuses on automating and modernizing back office, middle office, risk and compliance platforms, while implementing and leveraging cross product shared services opportunities. The group includes Capital Markets Operations Technology; Information Services Group; Client Investment Research & Analysis, Banking, and GDOS Consulting Services. As part of a new initiative we are creating a central Data warehouse/BI platform integrating data from over hundreds of operational systems from across the globe, enrich them with golden master data and produce actionable metrics.
The solution is delivered via a data portal/Analytics platform built using cutting edge technologies to help reduce overall risk exposure to the Firm, increase balance sheet capacity and ultimately increase net income. It also opens up opportunities to improve productivity and increase overall operational efficiency.
For this position we are looking for QlikView/BI Developer who will be involved in a client-facing role to design and develop QlikView data models and dashboards to support our internal client needs. The role requires complete comprehension of enterprise data models and utilization of both relational and dimensional data sources. The ideal candidate will have experience in QlikView design and development with a solid background in BI and reporting. Candidates having prior experience with other BI tools like, MicroStrategy/Business Objects / Cognos will be an added plus.
• 6+ Years of financial industry background is mandatory
• Person should have worked with operations, financial positions, transactions, benchmarking, corporate actions data
• Person should have worked on projects touching one or more areas of trading, operations, risks and MIS
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Good background working with quantitative data
Technical Skills (Minimum 8+ Years):
• Perform detailed analysis of source systems and data and model that data in QlikView
• Design, develop, and test QlikView scripts to import data from source systems and test QlikView dashboards to meet customer requirements
• Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
• Create and maintain technical design documentation
• Work directly with business units to define and prototype QlikView Applications
• Extracting, transforming and loading data from multiple sources into QlikView applications
• Design, create and tune physical database objects (tables, views, indexes) to support logical and dimensional models; Maintain the referential integrity of the database
• Experience in sourcing data from disparate systems with a good understanding of their Data Models and ETL procedures
• Hands-on professional with thorough knowledge of scripting, data source integration and advanced GUI development in QlikView
• Ability to write complicated yet efficient SQL queries and stored procedures preferably in Oracle database
• Insure that the QlikView server process continues to run and operate efficiently
• Perform QlikView system administration and testing of releases and patches
• Experience with Qlik Sense will be an added advantage
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary