Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master
|Reference # :||21-00068||Title :||Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||01/18/2021 / 07/16/2021|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Senior Project Manager
Responsible for delivery of strategic, cross-functional, highly visible projects within time, cost, scope and quality defined boundaries, in accordance with a Major Global Bank life cycle methodologies and disciplines. Manage complex interaction of multiple technical and business stakeholders that span multiple businesses, functions and geographies within the company. Leads cross functional project teams and scrum teams to deliver solutions addressing customer requirements. Defines milestones, resources & schedules. Creates project schedule, project budget, communication plan, tracking & reporting variables. Leads in implementing/applying standard processes for scope/change management, risk management, issue management, quality assurance, estimate variances and project communications. Facilitates, coordinates, and arbitrates cross-functional macro level topics, often including key business stakeholders and senior management. Communicates to all stakeholders on a timely basis, often including Senior or Executive Level Management. Employs program management processes, methodologies and standards for project execution and delivery. Supports project negotiations by providing subject matter expertise around Consumer banking products and project lifecycle methodologies. Builds and maintains high performing teams through own actions and direction provided to others. Ensures projects close effectively through production turnover, documentation of learning and provision of feedback on project resource performance.
- Develops detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Interfaces with senior project staff and client senior management teams regarding status of projects.
- Recommends and oversees process improvements.
- Has considerable business impact through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes and industry standards.
- Provides expertise in area and an advanced level of understanding of the principles of IT project leadership.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how own area and others (i.e., architecture or infrastructure) collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Directly impacts the business by influencing strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services.
- Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts; allocates work.
- Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Persuades and influences others through and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding a Major Global Bank, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
1. Minimum of 8-10 years managing software development projects in a matrix environment ,preferably within the Financial Services industry or comparable large company/consulting organization.
2. Experience applying standard software lifecycle development methodologies; proficiency with both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
3. Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in application and execution of PMBOK-based project management methodologies and processes.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience, Project Management certification e.g.: Master Certificate or PMP preferred.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: