Senior Java Developer
|Reference # :||18-00639||Title :||Senior Java Developer|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/01/2018 / 12/31/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
- Take ownership for delivering the development task assigned
- Ensure delivery within tight timelines and meeting the team's expectation
- Get involved in the entire lifecycle of the development project
- Understand the requirement from Project Lead and ensure quality deliverables
- Ensure quality and optimized coding with good documentation
- Do peer code reviews
- Develop unit plan and perform unit testing and provide continuously improved product experience
- Actively assist Support team wherever required
- Assist Project Lead in coordinating with business analysts & user communities to define requirements
- Participate in the technical design
- Actively assist Project Lead to deliver quality output
- Together with the team contribute to innovative & best-in-class solutions for our business
This position gives an excellent opportunity for the selected candidate to play a significant role in an exciting and critical business within Client. This role provides the opportunity to participate in and shape the expansion and pre-eminence of our Business working together with our team of highly skilled technologists. The opportunity to work in front-office application space spanning multiple asset classes in a high-velocity & high availability environment is, of itself, an exciting proposition.
- 10+(Senior Developers) years hands on experience in pure technical roles in development of various software applications.
- Extensive knowledge on an industry-standard database (Oracle or Sybase) on a UNIX platform with awareness of database design and SQL scripting knowledge and performance tuning
- Strong exposure in writing debugging and testing complex stored procedures on the databases.
- Well versed with ETL tools to be used for bulk data loading and testing environments
- Experience in database partitioning and performance tuning and clear understanding of database internals
- Exposure to productivity tools and Agile/Scrum methodology
- Database design experience for large applications having multiuser , multi-database applications.
- Good understanding of database clustering, replication, high availability, low latency and redundancy concepts.
- Database trainings / certifications a plus
- Knowledge of various treasury products, viz. FX, Money Markets, Fixed Income & Derivatives is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and articulation skills (spoken and written)
- Ability to partner with non-technical and technical peers; ability to work effectively with remote colleagues; participate technical discussions
- Strong team orientation and commitment to overall team success; willing to go above and beyond to ensure team success; intense customer focus and commitment to driving quality
- Effective time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with flexibility on time zones and timelines
- Logical thinking, High analytical and problem solving skills; innovative and solutions oriented
- Graduation/Post Graduation qualifications in Engineering stream with a very good academic record.
- A high degree of Analytical ability and Quantitative skills is desired
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary