Senior Java Developer - FX/Trading -Full Stack
|Reference # :||19-00780||Title :||Senior Java Developer - FX/Trading -Full Stack|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/03/2019 / 09/03/2020|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
This role is for an Application Development Sr. Programmer Analyst to work on the FX Click application development team. The team is responsible for the strategic development of the FX Click application, Major Global Bank's core platform for FX client position reporting
FX Click platform provides real time trades (FX and Options), positions and portfolio valuation. The technology team is responsible for sales, prime brokerage and private banking clients. It also provides self-servicing functionality like allocations, rolls and aggregations.
The overriding aim of the group is to deliver solutions to the business in the most effective way. The responsibility of the team currently includes but is not limited to:
- Support of existing application
- Development and support of new features and functionality as required by the business
This is a hand on Sr. Programmer Analyst role that will offer exposure to the full development cycle, whilst working closely with the front office business on future deliverables for the product
- Working with the business stakeholders on requirement analysis and acting as a liaison between the business users and technology developers in India, while also contributing to hands on architecture/design and development
- Develop next generation technology engineering for the platform, including but not limited to, big data analytics, cloud adoption, UI redesign, Docker/container based micro-service oriented re-engineering
- Various technology teams
- Sales, margin trading and private banking business stakeholders
- Front Line Support
This role would open career opportunities for the successful individual to establish their profile in the Global Foreign Exchange Technology organisation, involved with a key platform development, and its expansion with the targeted growth model
- Required: 7+ years of experience in developing distributed, high volume, global application in a trading environment
- Good all-round skill and technical expertise on key technology components
- Required: Strong grasp of fundamental computer science concepts: data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and object oriented design
- Required: Bachelor degree in computer science or related fields.
- Required: at least 5 years' experience working in the financial industry, with preferably 3+ years of FX and/or credit/margin experience
- Nice to have: relevant experience with trade capture and processing.
- Enterprise level application development using REST APIs, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, JDBC, JMS
- Real-time high frequency, low latency trading work would be a plus point
- Exposure to Big Data Technologies or Cloud and micro service based architecture is a plus
Strong academic record, ideally with a good degree and a mathematical or computer science background.
- Strong Communication skills
- Self Motivated
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary