Senior IT Business Analyst/Fund Services/Custody/Investment Bank
|Reference # :||22-00079||Title :||Senior IT Business Analyst/Fund Services/Custody/Investment Bank|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||01/24/2022 / 10/23/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
IT Business Senior Analyst in Tampa, FL (US)
Global Fund Services Technology team is building new capabilities for creating competitive advantage for Client.
Main contribution of this position is to build out new strategic Corporate Actions solution for Global Fund Services business at a Major Global Bank. The candidate will need to translate business requirements into functional specifications or User Stories for technology implementation of enhancements to applications. The expectation is for clear lineage from need to solution to ensure alignment with business strategy, working with crossfunctional IT teams, stakeholders, and vendors, on multiple projects.
This is not a role within PMO (Project Management Office).
• Perform analysis (including sequence diagrams, future state proposals)
• Creating and maintaining well-articulated and testable Requirements in Functional Requirement documents, User Stories / Features or other document artifacts as per Major Global Bank's standard SDLC procedures
• Managing project scope / Scrum Boards / Kanban Boards
• Ascertaining traceability and documenting evidence for it for each individual success criteria from the original request, through development, and the successful test of that criteria;
• Developing expertise in the project subject matter, sufficient to accurately assess and address the business requirements;
• Evaluation of business requirements to ensure the feasibility of the success criteria, and creating alternatives when the initial requirements cannot be met within acceptable cost or schedule parameters;
• Discovery of all implications of instituting project requirements on the existing business process, clients, and downstream systems; documenting those implications;
• Review of project supporting artifacts such as the Technical Design Doc and Test Plan to ensure the project requirements are accounted for and accurately addressed;
• Collaborating with testing team and contributing towards test strategy and cases
• Obtaining timely UAT approvals;
• Following appropriate escalation path, when necessary;
• Identifying and communicating risks / issues and their impact to project deliverables in a timely manner;
• Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules;
• Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers;
• Supporting the project manager through effective communication of details to enable the project manager to accurately represent the project to stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS)
• Relevant Business / Functional Analysis experience in financial or technology sector preferably in external client facing roles and significant experience across the full project lifecycle
• Proven delivery record of independently handling multiple projects involving process change and technology enhancements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple complex projects
"Must have” Skills:
• Knowledge of and Experience with Securities Services (Fund Services and Custody businesses), as well as associated workflows.
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (waterfall and agile)
• Proficiency with Agile development tools such as JIRA or Rally
• Enthusiastic and proactive approach
• Ability to summarize the expectations, decisions and actions resulting from key conversations and publishing them to larger group of stakeholders in a manner that can be easily understood.
• Excellent analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business modelling, and functional design
• Data analysis – Must have proficiency with SQL, Microsoft Excel
• Expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
• Proven self-motivation to take initiative and master new tasks quickly
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and approach work methodically with attention to detail.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: