Senior Info Security Engineer
|Reference # :||18-01354||Title :||Senior Info Security Engineer|
|Location :||New Castle, DE|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/24/2018 / 09/23/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
The Security Level 2 Central Operations team as part of a Major Global Bank's Cyber Security Operations consolidates standard structured and repeatable tasks for all managed security infrastructure and applications, improving incidents and request turnaround, with a 24x7 coverage. The Level 2 Team Lead tasks focus on Authentication Services, Identity and Access Management (IdAM), and host and application security operations and support. Description: Lead a team of Level 2 operations management and processes supporting various security applications and platforms. Responsibilities include shift scheduling, balancing team work load, Incident and Change Management, and training, coaching, and Operational duties include providing support to the Major Global Bank's authentication, host and application security services; day to day alerts, incidents and requests handling and response in the production environment based on customer requirements; issues analysis and resolution from non-hardware routine issues to high priority failures within established service level targets. the Major Global Bank's authentication, host and application security services include authentication/authorization; secure file transfer, token security. Investigation, documentation and resolution of incidents to critical business systems that may be caused by or impacting these systems; escalation of issues to, and tracking of progress in conjunction with other technical resource teams; working incidents escalated from the level 1 team which may include scheduling follow up activities to resolve.
Desired platforms and technical experience:
- Security operation, system support, conversions, and implementation of an enterprise level security application system(s). Enterprise security applications performing administration, implementation, configuration, upgrading and policy creation
- Knowledge of security tools and hands-on experience with some of the following technologies is an added advantage:
- CiscoSecure, Entrust, Token Technologies, Tectia, Powerbroker, Unix Security tools, Kerberos, Directory Server, HSM, Venafi / MS PKI Infrastructure
- CA Siteminder, Sun Directory Server, LDAP/KDC, Ping Identity, Nuance FreeSpeech
- One time password technology (OTP) using Voice, SMS, Biometrics
- Linux, Red Hat, Solaris, AIX, Windows Server and other Unix based operating systems
- Web Servers (Apache, IIS, Sun One Web servers)
- Application Servers (WebLogic, WebSphere)
- Databases (Oracle, SQL server, Sybase)
- Understanding of Programming languages (Java, Perl, C/C++,)
- Thorough understanding of PGP Encryption
- Thorough understanding of security, network architectures and protocols.
- Hands on experience with Unix scripting, PERL, SQL and ability to write complex queries
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Change, Incident and Problem Management is required.
- Experience utilizing ServiceNow is a plus
Also desired/emphasized are:
- Ability to manage a team with remote colleagues in other countries
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative capability with attention to detail and ability to work in a demanding and environment
- Exhibiting a high degree of flexibility and ability to multi-task, seeking guidance where necessary
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written skills
The candidate will be required to analyze customer requirements to ensure all standards, policies and guidelines are upheld from the information security perspective and support routine compliance activities. Eventually, the candidate will need to support technology improvements, such as new infrastructure install and hardware/software upgrades.
Relevant Certifications: CISSP, ITIL, CCNA/CCNP, CEH, Redhat, Solaris, MCSE as a plus.
Education Level Required: Bachelor's Degree (C12) or Master's Degree (C13) in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 5+ years' (C12) or 8+ (C13) years' experience supervising administrative/support/operational staff
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary