Senior Business Analyst/Data Analyst - Equities
|Reference # :||20-00248||Title :||Senior Business Analyst/Data Analyst - Equities|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||03/02/2020|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Looking for someone with equities domain knowledge, experience dealing with front office- someone who understands data- Data analysis/data mapping experience- strong SQL
The Capital Markets Data team is building a next generation Data Repository to solve for evolving Business, Analytical and Regulatory needs. The data repository will bring together disparate data sources for the Global Markets organization and enable industry-leading analytics, client reporting, regulatory, surveillance, supervisory reporting(s) and data science solutions.
It will also provide enhanced data quality controls , completeness and accuracy, reconciliations, entitlements, performance, management of data retention and archival per regulatory guidelines.
As part of this program build out the team are developing best in class applications to meet these use cases, and Client is the Markets Visualisation tool covering multiple disparate use cases.
The role of the Client lead BA/PM involves being part of a dynamic team and contributing towards the product rollout and software development of core components within this application. Specifically, acting as lead BA/PM/product owner for the complex client analytics delivery.
The ideal candidate will have Front Office Equity and pre/post trade analytics experience as well as a background in building and optimizing data systems. The candidate will work closely with sales and trading partners, systems architects, data scientists, and analysts to help develop the Client Analytics offering. . Strong stakeholder management skills are essential.
- Work as lead business analyst/project manager in the Client team supporting client analytics
- Gather business requirements, perform detailed analysis, and produce associated functional specifications across multiple functions.
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise on the key data elements that are consumed for client analytics
- Project management & oversight of the deliverables across the book of work
- Manage & Participate in SIT/UAT testing cycles managing technology and business stakeholders
- Produce implementation approach, timelines, go-live strategy
- Provide regular updates to senior management in technology, middle office & front office
- Define cutover strategy from existing solutions to newer strategic solutions
- Training of relevant teams prior to go-live of new business processes/products, functionality or applications
- Go-live support, investigation of issues.
- Ensure adherence to and develop best practices supporting Major Global Bank's Project Management Standards
- Ensuring proper development life cycle is followed with artefacts to support Internal Audit and any inquiries
- Partner with business, technology and quant stakeholders to suggest innovative solutions to existing issues
- Ensure the business needs are met with the most elegant and timely technology solutions
- Work with technology leads across various teams to accomplish objectives
- Work with Data Governance and Quality teams to understand data issues
- Work with various technology leads to ensure the gaps in the data completeness or accuracy are converted into prioritized Book of Work items
- Front Office Equities background with Middle and Back Office exposure, particularly in the Cash space
- 5+ years of business analysis experience in client facing analytical roles
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Excellent analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business modelling, and functional design
- Excellent communication skills (there is a requirement to be trader and sales facing)
- Experience working with teams supporting business intelligence platforms such as Tableau, QlikView will be a plus
- Significant Business Analysis experience across the full project lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing and deployment).
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with modern software development practices (test-driven development, Agile continuous integration)
- Strong SQL with experience working with RDMS such as oracle, sybase, netezza
- Ability to handle complex projects independently
- Problem-solving and facilitation skills
- Proven delivery record of multiple projects involving process change and technology enhancements.
- Understanding of regulatory constraints and experience in delivering regulatory projects is extremely desirable
- Self-motivation and prioritization of tasks and actions to hit deadlines according to business priorities
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach
- Good attention to detail and relevant product knowledge
- Experience in order management systems
- Strong understanding of FIX message specification
- A history of delivering against agreed objectives
- Willingness to learn
- Comfortable in presenting suggestions for change and or improving work flow
- Ability to pick up new concepts and apply the knowledge.
- Ability to leverage strong interpersonal collaboration skills in a fast-paced team environment
- The candidate is expected to be dynamic, flexible with a high energy level as this is a demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Thoroughness and organization is expected, as well as sound judgment
Please see our complete list of jobs at: