Senior Application Support Analyst//Trading
|Reference # :||19-00330||Title :||Senior Application Support Analyst//Trading|
|Location :||Minnetonka, MN|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||05/06/2019|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Contract with Right-to-Hire
The Trading Systems Operations (TSO) team is looking for experienced App Support Specialists and Systems Administrators who are eager to learn new technologies and are up for an exciting challenge. If you are a LINUX Admin and want to branch out, this is a great role for you.
The TSO team is based in Minnetonka, MN and is responsible for 2nd level application and trading support for a number of cash and derivatives trading applications within the Equities Business.
The team is collocated with the traders on the Minnetonka trade floor and works closely with dedicated Development teams, Infrastructure teams, local Compliance staff, and Business/Trading staff to ensure seamless support of our applications, and a world class trading environment. Trading floor experience is not required-it's a plus.
Team members come from a variety of backgrounds including Linux SA's, Application Support, Networking, Oracle DBA, Software Developers, Technical Project Managers, etc. Typical strengths include Unix/Linux, scripting, troubleshooting, log correlation, tools development, project management, and customer service.
Role / Position Overview
The role is responsible to provide a critical application support and technology service to an exciting and dynamic Markets business.
As a Senior Application Support Analyst you are responsible for:
- Day to day management of trading system application components, batch processing, and file transfers.
- Monitoring and responding to real-time alerts and issues.
- Configuration changes and software releases.
- Build and maintain tools and scripts to optimize the support environment.
- Identify and work to resolve stability and efficiency opportunities.
- Work across teams to promote the stability of interconnected systems.
The team work shifts during the day in order to provide on-site cover between the hours of 5:30 am and ~6:00 pm local time. Team members have some flexibility to find the optimal hours within the window but must be flexible to work hours that are not their designated shift for vacation/leave coverage. Team members are on-call typically one week in six and some night and weekend work may be required during on-call weeks.
- Work closely with trading personnel to resolve issues, answer questions, relay feature requests and provide the best trading experience possible.
- Troubleshooting complex trading and system related issues, including log mining and correlation.
- Monitor system components.
- Identify opportunities for improvement or automation of applications, processes and procedures, and write scripts, code or documentation to resolve.
- Software releases.
- Interface with internal support and development teams to drive application improvements and bug fixes. ?
- Work quickly and accurately, and maintain a level head in a high pressure environment.
- Build relationships with exchange personnel to assist in trouble shooting as well as to understand exchange side initiatives and best position Client to respond to changes
- Develop domain expertise in Equities Trading Platforms and knowledge of global financial markets.
- Opportunity to partner with peer teams in diverse environments across Major Global Bank globally.
- Opportunity to develop support and technical expertise as a key contributor on a team with dynamic strengths and significant responsibilities.
4+ Years supporting Windows servers, and Linux or Unix
2+ Years' experience with Perl, PHP, Unix Shell, etc.
2+ Years in a support role in a complex enterprise environment
2+ Years working experience supporting internal or external "customers?
Additional Preferred Skills:
- SQL Scripting experience.
- Oracle DB administration experience.
- Software development experience.
- TCP/IP networking experience.
- Knowledge of financial markets and options trading is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an IT related field
- Certifications in Linux, SQL, ITIL, OS and or Server Administration is a plus
- Strong social, positive, can-do attitude to quickly learn and take own initiative to deliver creative and productive solutions
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under stress & time constraints
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Please see our complete list of jobs at: