Senior Agile Coach
|Reference # :||21-01021||Title :||Senior Agile Coach|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/01/2021 / 01/31/2022|
Senior Agile Coach
The Senior Agile Coach will be a crucial member to support the Head of Finance Transformation utilizing the SAFe Agile methodology.
The Agile Coach must educate employees at all levels, including senior, and at times peers, on Agile principles, providing them with tools for implementing the process in their own work. They provide training sessions and teach valuable skills that lead toward the organization-wide adoption of Agile methodologies.
As a mentor, the Agile Coach is responsible for guiding teams into the Agile methodology, providing employees with feedback and means of improvement, catalyzing organizational growth and answering questions. They provide hands-on support to all employees, collaborating with people across widely varying levels and roles, leading teams toward further understanding and adoption of Agile as well as overall company growth and improvement.
Excellent communication skills required to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Deep leadership, problem-solving, communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in the following areas: finance, the businesses, risk, operations and technology. The position could result in full-time employment.
• Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity, and lessons learned
• Identifies corrective actions to improve project or team performance
• Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project or team plans
• Works under consultative direction.
• Provide Agile coaching, which will require expertise in Agile Scrum, SAFe – All aspects, Extreme Programming, Test driven development and Kanban principles, methods and techniques
• Instruct managers on the basics of Agile tools, such as Scrum and Kanban
• Mentor: Focusing on people and Continuous Improvement all the time; provide team a platform for improvement not only during the retro but all the time. Create a safe environment for healthy conflict and meaningful collaboration.
• Deliver effective training classes on a variety of Agile transformation related topics as well as contribute to customer design
• Be prepared to act as Product Manager/Owner or scrum master when teams are lacking these roles or learning them.
• At times, manage a team of contracting Agile coaches as needed
• Minimum 4 years SAFe implementation at a SPCT experience level in infrastructure with 5-10 years delivering projects in an Agile manner
• Experience improving or transforming a process, group or organization and using change management techniques to optimize delivery
• Proven experience participating in an agile transformation as an internal/external coach at team, project, portfolio and enterprise level
• Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing business requirements and thrive in an environment with a high degree of change
• Excellent understanding of business complexity and initiative dependencies
• Demonstrated experience in Agile practices (Lean, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.)
• Ability to interact with all levels of organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner
• Proven ability to guide the breaking down of large-scale projects into SMART incremental objectives
• Veteran in marrying Agile with Waterfall as necessary to deliver enterprise wide SAFe initiatives
Education and Certifications
Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Scaled Agile Certifications preferred
Please see our complete list of jobs at: