SAS UNIX Programmer
|Reference # :||20-01109||Title :||SAS UNIX Programmer|
|Location :||Elk Grove Village, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/01/2020 / 03/31/2021|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
The Cards Business System and Data Analyst in working with business and technology SMEs will be responsible for creating data flows, system mappings, performing data profiling and defining and implementing data quality rules. This role contributes to the organizations’ goals for operational excellence, outstanding customer service, and high stakeholder satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Build and maintain process flows and data lineage maps consistent with established standards
2. Ensure and enhance data integrity by monitoring and upgrading system process controls
3. Perform data profiling to create statistics for the fields
4. Help in definition and implementation of data quality rules
5. Identify recurring issue trends and collaborate for root cause process improvements across teams
6. Identify data anomalies and consult with technology and business teams for escalation
7. Recommend and document requirements to automate manual processes
8. Analyze and convert data into information that supports insightful data-driven decisions
9. Provide flexibility to work in an environment with shifting priorities
Skill, Experience & General information required:
- 5+ years of business analyst or similar experience, with strong Cards Domain experience
- Has data background worked with data mapping, data profiling and ETL
- Has experience creating specifications and metadata.
- Project Management skills a plus.
- Experience working with data quality tools such as Colibra and Solidatus
- Experience working with diverse technologies and business teams
- Experience with unix file systems, commands, and shell scripts
- Experience with SAS or SAS certification
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- Ability to query and visually inspect data
- Understand process scheduling software including pre-requisites, triggers, conditions, and dependencies
- Excellent communication and documentation skills (Excel, Visio, Blueworks, Collibra)
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle disciplines and best practices
- Experience working in an AGILE environment or AGILE certification will be an advantage
Previous programming experience
Knowledge of Data Governance concepts
Credit cards processing knowledge.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: