Risk and Controls Manager
|Reference # :||18-01403||Title :||Risk and Controls Manager|
|Location :||Miami, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/17/2018 / 02/28/2019|
To manage all end-to-end activities related to the expansion of the IPB U.S. risk and Controls team in Miami, Florida. The Controls team currently manages risk and control functions related to Investment and AML activities for the IPB business. The team currently supports initiatives to improve processes related to the onboarding of clients and performance of AML Periodic Reviews.
- Manage/coordinate activities to support the various risk committees eg. Investment Risk Council, AML Risk Committee, Alignment Working Group
- Work with business SMEs to assess process improvement needs and design the approach
- Coordinate and manage remediation projects as identified
- Define, implement and negotiate service standards, SLAs, processes, procedures, controls and metrics for the controls team
- Assist in the design, implementation and coordination of quality standards; create metrics relevant to the business processes
- Assess weaknesses in control related processes and implement new standards
- Review functions of the control team to identify redundancies and strengthen the control framework
- Develop and establish Operational dashboards in accordance with management need for SLA and KPI metrics and
- analyze the CBSU operational activities to identify and optimize key performance drivers.
- Utilize large databases to develop diverse performance reports based on queries, assess KYC Record details, and analyze findings to detect issues and recommend best in class actions to correct areas of opportunity.
- Meet target dates established for recurrent reporting and provide timely address ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Accomplish assigned tasks (including time sensitive tasks) within defined targets and adapt to changing priorities.
- Leverage technical platforms to complete assigned tasks.
- Conduct client-impacting work and respond to urgent requests, queries and escalations in a timely manner.
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent experience. Master’s Preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in the banking industry
- Relevant work experience in building teams and execution of specific tasks/activities through others
- Understanding of AML associated risks is a plus
- Proficient Microsoft Office user (i.e. Excel, Access) and ability to perform moderately complex queries, formulas, macros, pivot tables, Visual Basic
- Strong written and oral communication skills - Ability to interact, present and facilitate across diverse audiences, including Senior Management
- Proven success in project/program management and implementation of team set ups
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong negotiation, execution and influencing skills; ability to build support and consensus.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to drive reorganization initiatives and projects to satisfactory completion.
- Ability to report to Senior Management levels.
- Experience with challenging projects and comfort with contributing to a collaborative environment through knowledge sharing and mutual respect
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary