Regulatory Reporting Analyst
|Reference # :||17-01748||Title :||Regulatory Reporting Analyst|
|Location :||Long Island City, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/30/2017 / 10/29/2018|
The position will lead and review in-depth analysis and reporting of multiple areas of regulatory filings required for FRB and OCC as well as pertinent SEC disclosures (10Q/10K). On an on-going basis, the Lead Analyst will coach and train analysts. She/he will build strong relationships and work effectively across other functions throughout Major Global Bank, including Business Unit Controllers, SEC Reporting, Treasury, Accounting Policy, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Mergers & Acquisition to ensure quality and accuracy of regulatory financial reporting.
Key Responsibilities/Day to Day Activities
- Lead and review analysis of the financial results and reporting of cause of the variances, including analysis and understanding of accounting issues, economic events and their impact.
- Apply solid knowledge of Finance/accounting concepts and principles to ensure accurate Regulatory Reporting filings.
- Communicate results and address queries from Senior Management, Regulatory Agencies and Internal/External Auditors as well as the investor community.
- Analyze and keep informed of new US GAAP accounting pronouncements, regulatory reporting requirements to determine the impact on the Regulatory Report filings. Continually monitor developments in Client Reporting Arena and assist the Major Global Bank Finance functions in implementing and meeting the reporting requirements.
- Drive process efficiencies and continuous process improvement efforts.
- Participate in data quality improvement projects.
- Participate in Regulatory exams, internal audits and address external analysts questions.
- Establish strong working relationships with key contacts from various areas of the company, including Business Unit Controllers, SEC Reporting, Treasury, Accounting Policy, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Mergers& Acquisition to maintain high level of quality and accuracy of the report filings.
- Other responsibilities include conducting thorough research and analysis of risk based capital analysis (Basel I, II, III), regulatory reporting, and other regulatory matters, as warranted, presenting results in a well-conceived and clear fashion.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary