Regulatory Reporting Analyst
|Reference # :||19-00831||Title :||Regulatory Reporting Analyst|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/16/2019 / 03/16/2020|
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, or related field
- Working knowledge of financial products required, specifically derivatives and securities
- 5+ years of Finance, Accounting, Risk or Product Control experience, preferably at large financial institution
- Data tracing/mining experience a plus
- Understanding of current accounting principles, policies and financial institution regulatory reporting,
- Solid analytical skills, combined with an ability to deliver analyses in a concise and logical manner
- Experience in working in operations unit requiring coordination across multiple regions and business segments.
- Must have solid communication skills (oral and written) to clearly articulate findings, defend point of view amongst various groups, and present to senior management
- Must be assertive and have strong follow up skills
- Expert Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel, Access as well as PowerPoint to develop reports/presentations
- Strong General Ledger Platforms, Product Processors, and Data Warehouses experience
- Must be a proactive and goal-oriented strategic thinker, with ability to identify creative solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, demonstrating independent leadership skills.
- Possess strong team building, planning and project management skills driven by process improvement.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of internal control environment, reporting, and metrics is required.
Willingness to work flexible hours.
Client 239 is the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision's regulation number 239 which covers principles for effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting. Client is currently expanding a number of controls to achieve heightened standards related to these principles. This includes enhancing its existing Data Tracing Program to target prioritized critical attributes and expand its coverage from the FR Y-9C/FR Y-14 to 60+ Regulatory and Management Reports.
Thus, the Global Data Tracing team is in search of a candidate to join this expanded program, performing data tracing in alignment with the target operating model and execution plan.
The incumbent will participate in on-going data tracing reporting and metrics analysis/production:
· Establish proper metrics and control to meet the cycle goals in terms of source documentation
· Partner closely with Corporate & Management Reporting, Chief Data Office, Data Governance Officers, and Regulatory and Management Report Owners
· Participate on reviews, identify issues and exceptions, produce executive quality reports, coordinate remediation plans and communicate effectively to senior stakeholders.
· Participate on other product reviews as determined by manager.
Reviews will include:
- Data Tracing/Testing Results
- Source Documentation Metrics
- Root Cause Analysis
- Issue Management Handoff
- Reporting Results to Senior Managers
Additional non-data tracing work may be required such as variance analysis/ad hoc.
The incumbent will establish working relationships with Risk, Finance, Operations, and Product Control, Technology, and Data Governance Officers, and utilize influence to ensure data, documentation, responses to inquiries and remediation actions are provided timely
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary