|Reference # :||20-01333||Title :||Project Manager|
|Location :||Brooklyn, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||01/06/2021 / 01/06/2023|
Since 1998, the NYCDOE has formally supported City schools with centrally administered projects to enhance and expand Internet access. The need for reliable network connection requires continual investment in next generation education technology platforms and is the focus of enhancing school technology infrastructure. Aging network equipment in schools is tracked through a life cycle management planning. Equipment updates are effectively planned by tracking aged equipment and consistently applying network standards within schools. This life cycle program ensures optimal performance, efficient management and minimization of downtime. Ideally, resources and funding for a technology refresh program are continually addressed, so that NYCDOE classrooms are equipped with appropriate digital connectivity.
• Plans, directs, and manages the network infrastructure Classroom Connectivity project.
• Creates and manages project plans with input from all stakeholders.
• Surveys school buildings to gather requirements for integration, cabling work and network hardware to be integrated
• Coordinates, directs and oversees installation of network infrastructure within school buildings
Serves as point of contact to the DOE Senior Project
Manager of overall Classroom Connectivity project.
• Coordinates external meetings with schools and vendors
as it relates to the delivery of infrastructure technical
• Documents risks, issue and problem's, updates status
and resolution to project manager.
• Updates appropriates projects related documents.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: