|Reference # :||19-00954||Title :||Project Manager|
|Location :||Brooklyn, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/20/2019 / 11/20/2021|
Some schools currently have an adequate cabling infrastructure; however, the voice system that currently supports the school is no longer appropriate and needs to be replaced with a more current and supportable model. Existing telephone systems at many schools are outdated and they are needed be replaced with modern voice switching equipment. In addition to providing administrative desk phones, these installations provide feature access to voice mail, auto attendant, conferencing and other telephony capabilities. Intercom telephones in classrooms are also installed, providing communications capabilities in the event of emergencies. This initiative will provide a modern, cost efficient voice telephone/intercom system for various City schools. The schools will benefit from the telecommunications system by being able to better manage voice communications and accountability, whereas existing systems are antiquated and often times no longer manufacturer supported due to
technology obsolescence. The new systems will provide cost effective, modern telecommunications systems with a typical life span of 10 years or more. All systems are solid-state electronic, software programmable control and switching platforms, capable of multiple telephony features. This equipment and associated contracts provide a platform for increasing telecommunications capabilities for education, administration, and safety
- Attend all internal and customer project kick-off meetings.
- Prepare: definition/scope/requirements.
- Plans, directs, and manages the Data / telecom circuit migration project.
- Communicate orally and in writing, including presenting complex technical matters to non-technical individuals.
- Creates and manages project plans and compiles input from technical resources, management and vendor to refine the project plan.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse workforce, community and other governmental agencies.
- Assists in the development, planning, and implementation of new projects and technology in order to meet the overall strategic goals of the organization.
- Conducts complex studies and surveys of management and methods in order to evaluate and recommend changes to existing projects and tasks to meet the compliance and policy objectives set forth by management.
- Ensures that The Director of Enterprise Deployment & Implementation and other Senior Managers are kept updated with the current status of all aspects of the project.
- Represents the division at external meetings related to project coordination with internal resources as they apply to the delivery of technical services.
- Holds standing meetings, produces agenda, meeting minutes and action items.
- Documents risks, issue and problem's, updates status and resolution to stakeholder and members of the project
- Updates appropriate projects related documents.
- Creates and distributes as needed project reports providing Status, risks, issues and other information needed by management and stakeholders.
- Document findings and prepare reports.
- Provide project updates to SQL/VBA database
- Pull reports from Telecom Deployment and Operations database.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary