|Reference # :||19-00867||Title :||Project Manager|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/30/2019 / 04/30/2020|
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To act as program /project manager responsible for the planning and implementation of Regulatory Control
- Change professional addressing regulatory inquiries, remediation and strategic initiatives.
- Facilitate the management and governance of projects meetings and working groups.
- Identify and develop controls to address any gaps in the regulatory reporting framework at Major Global Bank
- Create and manage the development of individual project artifacts including scoping documents, project plans, score cards, risk & issue trackers, business requirements documentation, functional requirements documentation, traceability matrices, and test plans /scripts.
- Identifies key project risks, whether stated or not, and manage to resolution or escalate accordingly
- Ensure that deliveries from work streams/projects meets requirements and are of appropriate quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with project plan and governance.
- Delivers and maintains a strong communication plan and artifacts among varied stakeholders (e.g. operations, technology, front office, compliance, legal, etc...)
- Minimum of 10 years financial services experience. Major Global Bank experience a plus
- Demonstrated career progression, including program management (or multiple project management)
- Credible experience of successfully implemented projects in the financial services industry, preferably with capital markets and transaction services operations
- Experienced in consulting with project stakeholders, including the skills to facilitate compromises and resolve conflicting requirements. Strong consulting and stakeholder management skills and the ability to build and foster internal relationships
- Proven track record of delivery of major level, multi-streamed programs, operational process change and improvement is essential; knowledge and a technical understanding of securities processing including product, process and system knowledge. Experienced with a global bank's process & operational environment including management and external reporting.
- Collecting, defining and documenting business and technology requirements.
- Practical operations processing experience in multiple capital markets and commercial bank products and services.
- Experience in working across technology and business projects and managing inter-dependencies between the two
- Experience in leading and aiding in the development of project managers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions up to senior stakeholder level
- Ability to present to senior levels of management (e.g. Director, MD)
- Ability to lead planning sessions challenging the status quo where appropriate and drive decision making process
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- A good knowledge of the techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs and resources
- Ability to quickly grasp and master new concepts / requirements and related product / functional knowledge
- Ability to learn/understand some technical implications of system design
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skill; including Visio and Project
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary