|Reference # :||19-00819||Title :||Project Manager|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/22/2019 / 08/22/2021|
GL IT Portfolio program delivers multiple public facing solutions, using cutting edge technology, and providing seamless user experience. This project will conduct Planning and Analysis required to implement, in a separate/subsequent project, the recently passed Senator Jose R. Peralta Dream Act included in the Governor's 2020 Executive Budget that would grant undocumented students access to NY State financial aid for higher education.
The consultant will be performing Formal Project Management tasks including, but not limited to: - Work closely with the project's business functional areas involving HESC executive and business teams, GLP/ITS Leadership and technical teams to develop and manage the project scope and other project management plans (PMP), approach, resource requirements and allocation, schedule, deliverables, and funding. - Provide leadership and direction to the GLP program's project teams on day-to- day project tasks. - Develop the program's formal project plans specifying goals, strategy, dependencies, scheduling, identifying risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources. - Follow the standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation for all projects being managed within GL IT
- Identify, schedule and manage project deliverables,
milestones, and required tasks.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities and drive accountability to
project team members.
- Direct and coordinate complex business requirements
deliveries, business process reengineering and organizational change
- Direct and coordinate activities of project resources to
ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Track project-related costs and expenditures.
- Facilitate large project governance and executive status
meetings, project team status meetings, scrums and recurring agile
meetings by defining agendas and running meetings effectively.
- Aggregate status updates from project team members, track
schedules, and manage risks and issues as required.
- Prepare executive project status reports and keep the team,
management and all stakeholders informed of project status and
related issues, resolving and escalating as necessary.
- Manage scope and the project change request process
(PCR), coordinating decision process of scope and budgetary impact
of changes from original specifications.
- Track and maintain project and technical documentation.
- Manage and maintain project information in ServiceNow IT
Service Management (ITSM) system, ITS/PMSS system of record for
- Follow established Secure System Development Life Cycle
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary