|Reference # :||19-00337||Title :||Project Manager|
|Location :||Albany, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/10/2019 / 06/09/2021|
The purpose of this project is to fully design, develop, and implement an information technology (IT) Solution for the operation of an Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, employer contributions, and appeals case management system in the State of New York. The Unemployment Insurance Solution (Solution), once deployed, will be the primary IT Solution supporting the UI program in the State.
The project will leverage another state's Unemployment Insurance solution as the base solution to build out the NYS modernized UI system. NYSDOL and OITS are responsible for any required changes to the mandatory assets identified in the UISS RFP #V-17 required to integrate with the proposed UISM solution. The mandatory assets are: Access Management (IAM), Labor Online Services (LOS), UI/ES Integration, Data Warehouse Oracle PeopleSoft, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Open Text Exstream, and New York Business Express (NYBE).
The consultant will serve in the Project Management Office, reporting to the Project Director, and will be performing and responsible for, but not be restricted to, the following:
1. Coordinates the distribution of materials at all phases of the project including distribution of vendor deliverables for state review and draft consolidation of the State's responses.
2. Organizes and maintains a project management library, project tools repository, and project management website.
3. Participates in reviewing project plans within the project schedule on a weekly basis.
4. Collaborates closely with OITS IT PM and ITS project resources, project sponsor, and other state agencies to manage tasks on the project.
5. Documents and follows up on important action items and decisions from meetings.
6. Prepares necessary presentation materials for project meetings.
7. Records, reports and reviews schedule progress and variance weekly, conducting route cause analysis. Reviews existing project plans and schedules and develop missing components.
8. Manages of the overall project/work plan to ensure work is organized, assigned and completed on time.
9. Tracks and provides fiscal and administrative oversight of contracts. Reviews contract payments to ensure compliance with contract terms.
10. Proactively manages the project risks and maintains the Project Risks Log incorporating risk updates and mitigation plans from all project vendors.
11. Compiles project status reports and drafts the project status to the Project Director.
12. Manages the formal and informal project scope and change request process. Facilitates the Change Control Board for the project.
13. Interacts with stakeholders and coordinates the activities of the project team to ensure that the project dates are met.
14. Coordinates with the vendor to ensure project submissions are timely.
15. Utilizes pre-existing project management plans and documents to coordinate and support the activities of the core project team and refines templates to support project management.
16. Coordinates project team member resource activities according to approved project scope, development approach, and project schedule.
17. Coordinates of project status meetings with stakeholders and generation of minutes, as needed.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary